Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
I don't know if I want to answer this one. Since I'm not a "wrench guy", I'll plead the 5th....

·
Registered
183 Posts
max pressure is 57psi I think, I always run mine to the high end, we always ride 2up. I find the low end the rear floats a bit= no good. do you have on board air? and is it hooked up?

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
If I recall correctly, we have the same bike, so the compressor controls are to the right. The valve stem is for blowing up tires.

Press "Front" and the LCD will show not the PSI, but via "bars" where the front end is and will show the recommended range next to it. Same thing with the "Rear". If you push both of them at the same time it will show "Passenger's Rear" and the recommended range for that too! (Just kidding.:D)

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
are you riding a 1200 interstate or aspencade

·
Registered
806 Posts
Mine is not LCD

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
If I remember correctly, you need to pump the back shock up WITH A HAND PUMP. As it requires very little pressure, using a pump at a service station puts way too much pressure in too quickly.
You can find the valve behind one of the side panels.
Hope this helps.
Strat

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
If I remember correctly, you need to pump the back shock up WITH A HAND PUMP. As it requires very little pressure, using a pump at a service station puts way too much pressure in too quickly.
You can find the valve behind one of the side panels.
Hope this helps.
Strat
the right side panel if its an interstate

·
Registered
183 Posts
Find the air lines that go to the rear shocks, should be a small 1/8 plastic line. one to each side. your gonna have to take the seat off. track the lines forward. they should go to a tire valve under the right side panel if not, they should go to the air compressor. make sure all lines are connected. the on board air system on mine was mounted on top of the air cleaner next to the fuse box

·
Registered
183 Posts
you can post picts with your messages or send them to [email protected]. there should be a toggle that goes either to front or rear a on switch a deflate button and a pressure gauge. put the toggle to rear turn on compressor and the pressure gauge should rise. I'm goin fishin for a bit will check back latter! good luck!!

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
I can't remember for sure but it seems to me that there should be a display of the pressure for both front and rear settings. As to the operation, I forget that too, but I think the key needs to be on, bike in neutral. Maybe detdrbuzzard (I think his 1200 is an SE) and it will have the same control panel if memory serves.

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
KD,

Yep, that's the setup I described earlier, Front, Rear, Increase and Decrease. The only difference between our bikes is that I have the "sort-of" digital reading. What's on my LCD is what you have to the left of the Front and Rear buttons on yours, the recommended ranges. Guess you'll have to manually check the front and rear suspension pressures with a low pressure tire gauge while adjusting it, or just adjust the suspension with the compressor to where it's comfortable 2up and then see what the pressures are.

It would not surprise me if Honda was so smart as to design our bikes with low-pressure compressors that aren't capable of blowing the front fork seals and rear air shocks. Anybody here know if this is true, or am I just making stuff up again?!:eek:

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
you could just have worn out shocks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.