Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1982 GL 1100 Asplencade. It has an air suspension with the air pump in the false tank. The rear set of shocks seems to leak down with in minutes. Please, any ideas of where to start to look for the problem? The front looks like it retains the air. Thank you!

·
Registered
692 Posts
... Howdy ... Jonfed ... Make Up A Solution Of Dish Soap And Water ... Pump Up Air Ride ... Brush Solution On All Fittings And Air Lines In Question ... And Watch For Bubbles ... Once You Find The Leak(s) Then You Can Repair Them ... Or Change To Regular Progressive Shocks ... Happy Trails ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
... Howdy ... Jonfed ... Make Up A Solution Of Dish Soap And Water ... Pump Up Air Ride ... Brush Solution On All Fittings And Air Lines In Question ... And Watch For Bubbles ... Once You Find The Leak(s) Then You Can Repair Them ... Or Change To Regular Progressive Shocks ... Happy Trails ...
Thank you. Looks like I will be bushing on soapy water this week end. How do the progressive shocks compare to the air ride? Do you have any idea of the cost between the two incase I do have to replace my system? Is there a certian name that I should look for?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you. Looks like I will be bushing on soapy water this week end. How do the progressive shocks compare to the air ride? Do you have any idea of the cost between the two incase I do have to replace my system? Is there a certian name that I should look for?
HI did you ever get the leak stopped? If so, how? I have the same problem

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hey clasmith, jon hasn been on the orum since 2009 so i am going to lock this thread

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.