Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

1993 1500SE 110K with air suspension with the on board pump. Pumps up just fine but looses pressure within minutes. I have never taken the system apart. Where do I start? What are the common problems? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Fred

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
check the air lines and the shock. if its the air line you're in luck, it can be replaced. if its the shock your out of luck, it can't be rebuilt

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Welcome xb. Ditto an what 'buzz said. You can likely replace lines (have a specialty shop fab them if you can't get replacements) but the shocks have to be a complete replacement. If you go that route, conventional (non-air) like Progressive.

·
Administrator
29,004 Posts
+1 what Budok says, If I had to mess with mine it would be Non air Progressive's for me.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
I got a set of the Progressive Air's in the back and like them, kind of costly.:(

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
if i had to replace shocks again i would go with the air shocks. i have the progressive non-air shocks on my 1200 wing and the bags have to be removed to adjust them. i put progressive air shocks on the 1500 wing

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
You can spray soapy water around the connections or just try loosening and re-tightening them.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Remove the seat and side panels, and using a flash light look over the shocks for signs of oil, get down on the floor, using the light look to see if there are signs of oil, that would indicate seals that have gone bad. At the age of the bike I suspect the shocks might be leaking.

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
i paid about $300 ( usd ) with the wingstuff vip discount for the air shocks on the 1500 wing and about $240 for the non air shocks on the 1200 wing

·
Registered
264 Posts
My 88 had cracks in the air lines. There are two of them. One from the pump to the control unit, and one from the control unit to the shock. Honda still has both of them. They were about $30.00 each. I also put new O rings in. Put on the new lines and I have an air shock again.

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
1500 wings only have one air shock
the progressive air shocks are a big improvement over the stock set up honda uses

·
Registered
101 Posts
1500 wings only have one shock
the progressive air shocks are a big improvement over the stock set up honda uses

Really? I saw a shock with an airline going to it when I had he saddle bag off but did not look around to see if there was another one. I have SOOO much to learn on the Wing being as my only real experience on bikes is tons of dirt bikes over the years.

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
Really? I saw a shock with an airline going to it when I had he saddle bag off but did not look around to see if there was another one. I have SOOO much to learn on the Wing being as my only real experience on bikes is tons of dirt bikes over the years.
what i ment to say is that 1500 wings only have one air shock which is on the right side of the bike. the left shock is non air assisted

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.