Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 84 goldwing interstate 1200 i want to know what do i set my front and rear shocks at solo and riding with someone can any one help me i amm new to this

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
If it's the same as the Aspencade:

Front;
0 psi for rider only on smooth roads ~ 6 psi for up to load capacity or rough roads

Rear;
28 psi for rider only on smooth roads ~ 57 psi up to load capacity or rough roads

Hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
while we are on the air shock topic here, i just purchased a 1996 gold wing gl1500 SE, does my bike have shocks on the front that can be adjusted, when i hit a bump feels like they bottom out ?

also, can someone tell me where the air compressor is located on the bike, and how to make it work?
thanks all, i just registered and new to the forum, so please understand if i posted this in the wrong section

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
rmines, welcome to the forum. We're all new once, so don't worry about it! The compressor controls are on the right side of the fairing in front of your knee. Push either the increase or decrease button and the front or rear at the same time.

Look around for the "Official Introduce Yourself" thread. Post up on there. :)

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
Shocks are air, forks are oil filled.

·
Registered
3 Posts
one more quick question, then i will be good to go and enjoy my bike.

How much air pressure is supposed to be in the front shocks? i found the valve stems, but unsure about pressures?

thanks in advance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts