Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Just picked up 84 GW. Previous owner said he swapped out suspension to conventional shocks after one of the air rides started leaking. Having never ridden on air shocks just curious. Is it worth investing time and trouble going back to air rides?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Welcome to the forum bsimmons. IMHO the air shocks give you flexibility to adjust for load and road conditions.
Ride safe,
Strat

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Hmm thats funny i bought a 85 and the prior owner did the same !!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I don't think you will notice much difference, I wouldn't do it unless your really unhappy with the ride.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an 1985 aspencade on board air compressor and air ride forks and rear shocks I like the air ride because I pull a trailer with my bike sometimes and if I'm going to have a passenger it's nice to have air ride but to put air shocks on to buy them new from Progressive there are almost $500 for a pair

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
I have an 1985 aspencade on board air compressor and air ride forks and rear shocks I like the air ride because I pull a trailer with my bike sometimes and if I'm going to have a passenger it's nice to have air ride but to put air shocks on to buy them new from Progressive there are almost $500 for a pair
I kind of regretted putting conventional shocks on my 1200 wing ( given to my niece ) cause you need to remove the saddlebags to adjust them, they were too firm on the 4th setting ( good for a passenger ) though the 3rd setting was good for a solo rider

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
That's going to have to be a personal choice, B. We may give you pros & cons but the final decision is all yours.

Is the ride so bad that you're hating your Wing. How often do you need to change the setting (Two up? Pulling a trailer?) Is it worth the time/effort/cost? Hmmm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts