Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short... I have a 2007 Wing that I just bought. Ridiculously low mileage- 9,200. The original owner installed an aftermarket dual air horn. VERY Cool and when I first got the bike VERY loud.

Recently, the horn has become not so loud. Also, it sounds like one of the horns is a bit muted more than the other. I assume there's an air compressor someplace. There is one hose that exits near the fog light, connects to a Y which splits to each of the horns.

I can feel air exiting each bell when I press the horn switch but thats all i know. Several "experts" i have spoken to say its just worn out and needs to be replaced. Given that the bike is so new, I would have thought the horns would be almost virgin. Can I get some suggestions on troubleshooting?

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Most likely it is a hose leaking air. You need to follow the air line and see where it is connected to. Look for any small holes in the tubing or a pinched tube.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
check and make suer there is nothing is clogging the horns

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Yes, definitely sounds like an air line. A member of the Edmonton chapter had air horns on his 1000, and he had to replace lines fairly often.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts