Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Stebel Nautilus Compact Air horn for my '08, GL1800 with (Audio, Comfort,Navi) and was wondering where the best place to install it was? Quickly looked at the contents of the box but failed to see anything about where it should be located on the bike for best performance. Any sujestions?

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
I purchased a Stebel Nautilus Compact Air horn for my '08, GL1800 with (Audio, Comfort,Navi) and was wondering where the best place to install it was? Quickly looked at the contents of the box but failed to see anything about where it should be located on the bike for best performance. Any sujestions?
I have one on my Sabre. Take your pick. I don't care where you put it, up, down, front or back. Even the jammin cagers are gonna look around for ya.

I think it is more important to put it where it looks good and not directly aimed at you :):):):)

If this still worries you, my guess is to aim it towards the front. I would think that if you need a horn it usually is because of something in front of you. Can't remember a time I honked at something behind me.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
yeah, that does look good.

I have also seen them under a saddlebag.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, but this is not the "Trumpet" style air horn. This one is the (Stebel Nautilus Compact MC Air Horn, Nova Chrome) and I got it at WingStuff. This is why I am wondering if anyone had one on there wing and where is the best place for it. Is it the front or on the right side engine guard like CHOPIN114's picture.
Thanks for the sujestion just the same.

D

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
If that is where I think it is on that second picture, wouldn't it reduce the range of lean on a right turn?

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I had a friend who mounted his on the bottom of the saddlebags. Of course he had an 86 Suzuki Cavalcade so maybe the bags were higher...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone have pictures of an air horn installation on a 96 GL1500SE? Trying to come up with a way to upgrade the stock horn without too much hassle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts