Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 77 honda goldwing fulldress given to me with 60k it would only idle a 1500 rpm's, noticed gas tank very rusty,so i removed peck kock and inserted in a gas can to see if pump was working and it was sucking gas so i knew pump was engauging and would only run tho on 1&3 but2&4 were cold i noticed the air filter with hold down cover was missing,so for shits n giggles i stuffed air box with shop rags and it fired on all fours ive had bikes that would or wouldnt run without air filters so that's where the shop rag diag came into play the fuel pump runs directly to 1&3 but 2&4 are hose fed so need an air filter which creates the suction to deliver gas to 2&4..i was going to address the points or timing belt as an next fix but a honda head told me that if air filter and box/cover element were missing it would pop n fart which could create an timing diag but improper air filtration will give you the same diag as timing issues,so i need to find an air filter upper cover and gas tank,im so close to getting this wing in the wind i can feel the breeze just need to find these parts...any info??

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ebay is your best bet heres one that will work 13.99 item #260867031846 Welcom to the forum

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
+1 on Ebay.......

·
Super Moderator
15,124 Posts
most hondas are sensitive about the back pressure created by the airbox. when i first got my 750f it didn't come with an air filter or the cover to close off the airbox. i found an old air filter in my sisters garage ( i use to live in that house ) and fashioned the cover from sheet metal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts