Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any advice or tips on changing the air filter on a 06 1800. I bought a Honda service manuel that goes thru the procedure, with lots of pictures, but experience is the best teacher.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do as the book say's. When you pull off the top shelter side strips, do it from the bottom up and DO NOT mix up the screws under the strips. What I do is get some cardboard and push the screws in it in the order they came out. Take pics of the harness under the shelter. When you lift the instrument/key panel out the harness connector in front of the key cylinder has a tab that you need to lift forward to disconnect the connector. Hope this helps. Tony

·
Registered
2,835 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
CROSS COUNTRY, are you Alan S. from chapter "O"?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks to everyone for the feed back, and yes Joe this is Alan S. What you sent me is better than whats in the shop manual. This wing is a great ride, buy very complicated to work on. Changing the air filter on my Ultra Classic was a ten minute job. How was the guys ride this year. Everything went well for me on the Run this year. We dodged a tornado in Pacos, Texas, we only got about ten minutes of light rain. After that it was sunshine all the way to Cape Cod, Mass. Tanks again for the info, I should be able to get it done with your info. Thanks again, Alan

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Only 3 of us went on the guys ride, and Dick Danehe came from Florida to Flagstaff to ride with us. He had clutch problems when he got to Flagstaff so he had to stay there 3 days. Ed, Don and myself went on. We were going to go to Colorado but because of the weather, lots of snow in Colorado, we stayed in Arizona, and New Mexico, we were only gone 5 days instead of the 10 we planned. Karen broke her leg so Ken couldn't go on the ride. Don Dunnington just got another new BMW Saturday, He traded his 1200GT in on a 1300GT BMW. Ed bought a ST1300 and is going to sell his Gold Wing, he wants a lighter bike.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Watch the pins on the ECM and other plug-in modules. A friend of mine recently had his bike apart for repairs and got fault codes when he fired it up. Turns out one pin on the ECM didn't line up just right and wound up bent and hence, not connected to a sensor on the engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts