Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone made or used air deflectors to get more air to the radiator like the ones that fit on the fairing for the driver other than the airdam under the radiator.In hot weather 2up pulling trailer at 70-75 mph thinking it might help keep the temp in check.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
not a bad idea. more air can't hurt.
my guess is that if those in AZ and TX aren't overheating, then we're probably ok.
You might just keep at 70 and keep those rpms a little lower.

If you are into tinkering, you should try it and let us know how it works.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Mike,

I don't think this got the attention it deserved. As for the problem, it is valid. As for adding wings, well, I don't know if more air would help much or not. It's hard to say.

But you got me thinking about my truck. What it does have is an oil cooler. I googled it and found that for a mere 550 dollars you can have one. Not sure what mc's they fit but they do make them. But that is an idea with history to prove it helps.

So..............all you gearheads, can a generic oil cooler be added to a wing? Is there an inlet and outlet to access? I found a low profile at jc whitney under a hundred dollars. I think it would be worth doing if I can find a place to fit it and tie into the engine.

your thoughts please.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
What year Wing are we talking about??

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
So Sorry 2 Wheel,
I thought you were talking to me.
I do not presume to know what year his bike is.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I put an oil cooler on my '82 CB750, em, the dealership did. I came with all the fittings and hoses, but be jiggered if I can remember how it was tied in.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Oil cooler......really?

I have a couple or HAD a couple of CB750 SuperSport's (now I'm down to one) and those bikes, being air cooled, really didn't need an oil cooler, but I put one on the Cafe'd 750 just because it was "cool" (no pun intended). It makes a real difference during those hot summer stop-and-go drives through traffic. I can see how an oil cooler on an air cooled bike would be an advantage, but on a 'Wing? It being water cooled, the temperature is much more stable and less prone to overheating the oil as a result. Unless you're planning on travelling through the mountains pulling a trailer at 75 MPH, I can't see why you would need one.
Steve F

1 - 10 of 10 Posts