Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2010 and have been looking at air deflectors on other wings and am going to order a set. On Wingstuff the have two brands, Baker and National Cycle. The national brand is more expensive but they promote the ratchet mechanism so the deflector stays in place. I am wondering if the Baker is just fine, as I have been told by a Honda mechanic that sometimes the washer goes and the deflector can move or should I go with the more expensive National. Any thoughts or suggestions is greatly appreciated as this is my first Wing. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
I have had Baker wings about a year, easy to move but stay put.

Took old ones off to restore after purchase. Guessing they were 10 to 15 years old.
They worked fine just looked bad due to age and lack of tlc.

Others may have another view so wait for others but I am very pleased so far and perform much better than imagined.

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
I had Baker Wings on my 98 GL1500 and loved them. I have a set of Baker hand wings and foot wings on my 09 1800 that work really well. I also have a set of the Baker Wing upper and lowers that I have to put on the bike. Good product and good people to deal with..

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I've got the Baker lowers on mine and they work well. Stop some of the cold air when I have the foot vents open, and don't trap heat when it's hot. Not considering the air wings since I rarely need to get more cool air on me than Ma Nature provides for most of my riding.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered the new generation Baler wings Several riders I know have them, the reviews are good and the price is cheaper. Thanks for your responses.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the new style Baker Wings installed on mine. Tese and the previous ones I had have always stayed in position. The handwings protect your hands and direct air to the rider. The lowers deflect hot air away and direct cool air to the passenger. Wouldn't be without them. I have never used the NC model.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
I've had Bakers on a couple of my bike and like them. A matter of fact one of the uppers I replaced in Americade last year cracked right away. When I was just there Ray replaced it with the better material ones n/c. I bought a second one to replace both uppers.
Also my friends with 1800's love the foot one. It helps keep rain and cold off your feet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts