Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody please point me in the right direction on the air compressor.
My air suspension works great. Went to test fire the air hose thing.
NO GO !!!
Hooked up the connection in the saddlebag. Run line to tire.
Pushed button and nothing.
Do you have to push two buttons down on this like one does on the air suspension, or what.

Is there a valve somewhere ?

...... thanks,
two guns

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,140 Posts
don't waste your time with the onboard compressor to fill a tire get yourself a mini 12v compressor like the slime compressor and carry it with you

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
don't waste your time with the onboard compressor to fill a tire get yourself a mini 12v compressor like the slime compressor and carry it with you
That bad, UH ?

For this job, I just run the air hose from the shop to the toy shed. Never test fired the on board air. Now I know
Installed on the VTX 1300R and the new to me Goldwing, Bike Master Air Indicator Stem Covers. 42lbs Front , ,,,, 44lbs Rear, on both bikes.
Just wanted to get the pressure perfect before installing.

Thanks for the reply !!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Somebody please point me in the right direction on the air compressor.
My air suspension works great. Went to test fire the air hose thing.
NO GO !!!
Hooked up the connection in the saddlebag. Run line to tire.
Pushed button and nothing.
Do you have to push two buttons down on this like one does on the air suspension, or what.

Is there a valve somewhere ?

...... thanks,
two guns
Just an idea but the manual says that the ignition has to be in "P" before the compressor will come on when using the air hose, press "outlet" button.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Like BEVMAN said, the airhose must be attached and the key in the "P"(park) position for the outlet to work. Ihad used muke to air up the back tire after plugging it. I think the run time is limited to about 5 min on 5 off. Good luck

·
Registered
326 Posts
I just bought a small compressor from Harbor Freight Tools for $8.00

It is made of yellow plastic, but it works!

·
Premium Member
17,046 Posts
What whacker say, is the way the air out let works.

Besure to disconnect the air line when done. It will bleed the air from the shocks if left hooked up to the air fitting in the right saddle bag.

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
I always start the engine and let it run while using the compressor . I inflated a rear flat last week in about 7 minutes using the on - board compressor .

·
Registered
60 Posts
Where is the air compreeor located? XDid this come on all 1800 or is it a dealer add on?
I also see people talking about air shocks. Do all 1800's have adjustable air shocks?

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Where is the air compreeor located? XDid this come on all 1800 or is it a dealer add on?
I also see people talking about air shocks. Do all 1800's have adjustable air shocks?
Ummm I think they are talking about 1500's with the on board air compressor and rear air shocks.....

I don't think the 1800's have this.......:eek:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Slime Air Compressors

I have a Slime too. I've used it to inflate lawn mower and bike tires. Once I plugged it into my cigarette lighter outlet (add-on mounted in the left glovebox), cranked up the motorcycle and turned on the compressor. The compressor ran for about 5 seconds and stopped. I checked all connections and all was tight. Later that night I re-read the instruction booklet and discovered that the motorcycle should not have been running. Plug the Slime in and start the compressor, that's it. I checked my elec outlet and sure enough it had blown the in-line fuse.

So, if you fill up a tire on a Wing with a Slime, place the bike on the center stand, hook-up the air hose to the valve stem, plug the Slime in the electric outlet and start the compressor. Your not supposed to run it for more than 8 minutes at a time. I believe the wait between uses is about 20 minutes.

The Slime and a tubeless tire repair kit go on all my voyages:D It would be neat if the newer 1800s had built in air compressors.

Ride Safe

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just an idea but the manual says that the ignition has to be in "P" before the compressor will come on when using the air hose, press "outlet" button.
THAT IS THE ANSWER !!!!
Got up this morning and put it in the "P" position. Push Outlet and Whoooosh >>>
IT WORKS ....
THANKS MUCH !!!!

I will have to say, putting it the the "P" position is tricky on this bike.
Got to pull the handlebars tight to the left to make it go into place. ...... two guns....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts