Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a Goldwing day-trip Solo aimless ride to Hyner view State Park.

Ride report summary:

Departure time 7:30am

Arrival time at home 6:45pm

Total saddle time 9hrs 32min

Total break time 1hr 46min

Total GPS miles: 551

Highest elevation 1,984 Ft

Got lost 3 times, Not paying attention on I-80 west Lock Haven exit, I was finagling w/ radio i missed the exit to Lock Haven Rt220 North, i took the next exit Rt 64...at this point i dont know where i am?:D Says there Lamar PA, i had to pull over and ask.

The ride was fun & uneventful. No dropped bike, No dropped helmet, No deer strike. Saw lots of cruiser bikes & sport bikes.

Click here for pics:
https://picasaweb.google.com/goddard221/GoldwingDayTripSoloAimlessRideToHynerViewStatePark070911

Enjoy !!
jdgw_wannabe
IBA # 38829

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Thamks for the ride report and attached photos. It is so green for what is the middle of summer for you. Eric

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Looks like a great ride. I have friends that have a vacation home in Slate Run which is just a few miles from there, but I've never been to that park, but it's on my list now. Thanks for the pics...

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
jdgw, You were close to me & Charlie while you were there. Fueled up at that Shell station many times. Thanks for the ride report & isn't the run up to the top neat (albeit slow)? I have to dig up some old pics when we were there. The weather wasn't as nice but a good time anyway.

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Good pics, thanks. Adding another destination to the atlas.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Wow. I was up in Lewisburg, PA yesterday myself. We probably missed each other by 30 miles or so. Speaking of deer strikes...... I crossed over the river into Virginia about 8:45 yesterday on US 15 with a minivan ahead of me with traffic moving about 40 mph. I was about four car lengths distance behind the van. Then I saw the deer running full steam from the opposite shoulder, he or she didn't look both ways. Yes sir ! The deer and the van made contact. Driver ok, front of the van not ok, albeit drivable. As for the deer.... he or she ended up back on the shoulder from where it bolted across. I checked on the driver and got a thumbs up so I had to continue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts