Honda Goldwing Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
58 yrs young! I'm married to my riding buddy! I do alot of solo riding. Mostly just turn off the world, clear my head, turn up the tunes and go! No destination just go.
The same thing here, my bride is the one that wakes up early and checks the weather than wakes me, feeds me breakfast and suits up for the ride. I do not do a lot of solo riding after retirement for both of us, if I fire the bike better half is there in her helmet.😂👍

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am 69. This past summer I rode out to South Dakota from Michigan and back and then did my 6th round trip from Michigan to FL on the 2010 1800.

Enjoy your wives riding with you while you can. My late wife rode with me for 30 years and also had her own Vtx for local trips. I still have the '84 Aspencade that we dated on and her X.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
I'll be 71 in a couple of months, I still ride on two wheels and 2 up. I have a couple of friends that I ride with one is 75 and the other is 81 both still ride on two wheels. I figure that when the bike gets to heavy to hold up I'll just trike it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is a very quick question , I’m about to purchase a used Gold Wing .
I have two previous models and my last bike was a Honda Deauville which was a daily work ride . I was so disappointed with the general finish of it that I sold it before it became too scruffy . My question is how many members ride Gold Wings when they reach mid 70,s
thanks Mike
Hi Mike, I just sold my y2k Valkyrie ct and bought a 05 gl1800 with only 14k miles, yaay for me. I am 73 and have no intention of stopping anytime soon. Just keep yourself fit. I also belong to a cycling club and try to get in 100 miles a week. I have a friend cyclist and on his 83 birthday he rode his bicycle 83 miles. It’s all about staying strong my friends. Keep up your strength and you be riding a long time. Cheers !

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have two previous models and my last bike was a Honda Deauville which was a daily work ride . I was so disappointed with the general finish of it that I sold it before it became too scruffy . My question is how many members ride Gold Wings when they reach mid 70,s
thanks Mike
GL1800 and coming up on 75.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mike, welcome to the forum. I'm 75 and ride my 2 wheel '09 like I stole it. Don't see stopping any time soon. Where in England do you live? I'm married (52 years) to a girl from Banbury.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
thanks Mike
Mike l‘m 71 and will be 72 in Feb and I ride a 2008 Gl 1800. I’m 5’5” and 150 lbs. Try a test ride of the Wing you are thinking of buying. This is a heavy bike and at times a little handful at low speed parking lot speeds. Stay away from the front break at these slow speeds when your wheel is not straight or the bike will pull you down on the direction the the wheel is pointing.

·
Super Moderator
14,473 Posts
I'm only 64, but know of more than a few in their 70's still riding. I moved this year, but last year rode with one person who was 90. My Grandfather was active on his farm until he was 94 and I sure plan to do the same.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'll be 78 on March 2nd and still ride on 2 wheels. My wife passed away 2 years ago and my mileage per year is down a lot. I've ridden a little over 14,000 miles this year, but if my wife was still riding, we'd have more than double that amount of miles. She enjoyed riding more than I do. I have no desire to ride a trike.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts