Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a very quick question , I’m about to purchase a used Gold Wing .
I have two previous models and my last bike was a Honda Deauville which was a daily work ride . I was so disappointed with the general finish of it that I sold it before it became too scruffy . My question is how many members ride Gold Wings when they reach mid 70,s
thanks Mike

·
Registered
167 Posts
There are quite a few people riding Goldwings well into their 70's and beyond. And if it gets to be too much of a bike to hold up or you're just not comfortable with it, you can always trike it. I'm 6 weeks shy of 65 and just bought a new 2019 Goldwing DCT Tour trike. It's my 4th goldwing and 2nd trike.

·
Super Moderator
12,291 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum.

We have several members that are in their 70s and early 80s that still ride.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There are quite a few people riding Goldwings well into their 70's and beyond. And if it gets to be too much of a bike to hold up or you're just not comfortable with it, you can always trike it. I'm 6 weeks shy of 65 and just bought a new 2019 Goldwing DCT Tour trike. It's my 4th goldwing and 2nd trike.
Thanks for that info .

Welcome to the forum. What year and model of Wing are you buying?
Gl1800 reg 2007 .

Welcome to the forum. What year and model of Wing are you buying?
GL 1800 2007 year of registration.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just sold my 2004 Wing. I am anticipating buying a 2021 DCT non tour. I tried to buy a 2019 after selling my 2004 but the dealer said none were available in my state. I had one ordered and in just before the virus and I cancelled. The 2020 came only in flat black and that is the least desirable color that I can imagine. I wash my bike every week or so and wax it twice a year but I am not into detailing. I bought a CTX700 as an interim and that gave me chance to try a DCT but I couldn't imagine touring on a bike like that. To answer the question, I turned 83 a couple of months ago. I do sometimes have to assist my right leg over but after that it's all good. I had a ride off center stand on the 2004 and it will be one of my first adds to the new bike. That allows you to step on the peg to get a leg over.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome to the forum....I'm 78. Either my legs are getting shorter or I have too much air in the tires. But still going....
Isaac
Thanks so much for your reply , very encouraging.

I just sold my 2004 Wing. I am anticipating buying a 2021 DCT non tour. I tried to buy a 2019 after selling my 2004 but the dealer said none were available in my state. I had one ordered and in just before the virus and I cancelled. The 2020 came only in flat black and that is the least desirable color that I can imagine. I wash my bike every week or so and wax it twice a year but I am not into detailing. I bought a CTX700 as an interim and that gave me chance to try a DCT but I couldn't imagine touring on a bike like that. To answer the question, I turned 83 a couple of months ago. I do sometimes have to assist my right leg over but after that it's all good. I had a ride off center stand on the 2004 and it will be one of my first adds to the new bike. That allows you to step on the peg to get a leg over.
Thanks for that update Bill. Incredibly Wings hold their price well, the one I have my eye on is UK 8000 Sterling , might be able to shave a bit off that . 42 thousand miles with a year guarantee.

·
Super Moderator
10,050 Posts
I rode until I was 71. I got off not because of diminished capacity but from lack of use. Only had 1 riding buddy and he was preparing to move to AZ. If there were guys around to ride with I might still have my Wing. I gave up the Wing but replaced it with a Corvette which I am thoroughly enjoying. If you ride it and have folks to ride with, keep riding..

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.
Thank you .

I am 70 yrs old, and I still walk over 3-5 miles a day....................BUT I trike'd her out last season, love it better now than ever B4
Ronnie
Thanks for your interest Ronnie , will try two wheels first , like you walk a lot every day .

I rode until I was 71. I got off not because of diminished capacity but from lack of use. Only had 1 riding buddy and he was preparing to move to AZ. If there were guys around to ride with I might still have my Wing. I gave up the Wing but replaced it with a Corvette which I am thoroughly enjoying. If you ride it and have folks to ride with, keep riding..
Thanks for your input ,one thing I remember from my previous Wings, good ones always draw spectators .

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
58 yrs young! I'm married to my riding buddy! I do alot of solo riding. Mostly just turn off the world, clear my head, turn up the tunes and go! No destination just go.
The same thing here, my bride is the one that wakes up early and checks the weather than wakes me, feeds me breakfast and suits up for the ride. I do not do a lot of solo riding after retirement for both of us, if I fire the bike better half is there in her helmet.😂👍

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.