Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a very quick question , I’m about to purchase a used Gold Wing .
I have two previous models and my last bike was a Honda Deauville which was a daily work ride . I was so disappointed with the general finish of it that I sold it before it became too scruffy . My question is how many members ride Gold Wings when they reach mid 70,s
thanks Mike

·
Registered
72 Posts
There are quite a few people riding Goldwings well into their 70's and beyond. And if it gets to be too much of a bike to hold up or you're just not comfortable with it, you can always trike it. I'm 6 weeks shy of 65 and just bought a new 2019 Goldwing DCT Tour trike. It's my 4th goldwing and 2nd trike.

·
Super Moderator
11,889 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum.

We have several members that are in their 70s and early 80s that still ride.

·
Registered
6,905 Posts
Welcome to the forum. What year and model of Wing are you buying?

Reactions: JKWinger

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are quite a few people riding Goldwings well into their 70's and beyond. And if it gets to be too much of a bike to hold up or you're just not comfortable with it, you can always trike it. I'm 6 weeks shy of 65 and just bought a new 2019 Goldwing DCT Tour trike. It's my 4th goldwing and 2nd trike.
Thanks for that info .

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just sold my 2004 Wing. I am anticipating buying a 2021 DCT non tour. I tried to buy a 2019 after selling my 2004 but the dealer said none were available in my state. I had one ordered and in just before the virus and I cancelled. The 2020 came only in flat black and that is the least desirable color that I can imagine. I wash my bike every week or so and wax it twice a year but I am not into detailing. I bought a CTX700 as an interim and that gave me chance to try a DCT but I couldn't imagine touring on a bike like that. To answer the question, I turned 83 a couple of months ago. I do sometimes have to assist my right leg over but after that it's all good. I had a ride off center stand on the 2004 and it will be one of my first adds to the new bike. That allows you to step on the peg to get a leg over.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just sold my 2004 Wing. I am anticipating buying a 2021 DCT non tour. I tried to buy a 2019 after selling my 2004 but the dealer said none were available in my state. I had one ordered and in just before the virus and I cancelled. The 2020 came only in flat black and that is the least desirable color that I can imagine. I wash my bike every week or so and wax it twice a year but I am not into detailing. I bought a CTX700 as an interim and that gave me chance to try a DCT but I couldn't imagine touring on a bike like that. To answer the question, I turned 83 a couple of months ago. I do sometimes have to assist my right leg over but after that it's all good. I had a ride off center stand on the 2004 and it will be one of my first adds to the new bike. That allows you to step on the peg to get a leg over.
Thanks Bill, really encouraging, you’ve a couple years on me !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for that update Bill. Incredibly Wings hold their price well, the one I have my eye on is UK 8000 Sterling , might be able to shave a bit off that . 42 thousand miles with a year guarantee.

·
Super Moderator
9,880 Posts
I rode until I was 71. I got off not because of diminished capacity but from lack of use. Only had 1 riding buddy and he was preparing to move to AZ. If there were guys around to ride with I might still have my Wing. I gave up the Wing but replaced it with a Corvette which I am thoroughly enjoying. If you ride it and have folks to ride with, keep riding..

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am 70 yrs old, and I still walk over 3-5 miles a day....................BUT I trike'd her out last season, love it better now than ever B4

Ronnie
Thanks for your interest Ronnie , will try two wheels first , like you walk a lot every day .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I rode until I was 71. I got off not because of diminished capacity but from lack of use. Only had 1 riding buddy and he was preparing to move to AZ. If there were guys around to ride with I might still have my Wing. I gave up the Wing but replaced it with a Corvette which I am thoroughly enjoying. If you ride it and have folks to ride with, keep riding..
Thanks for your input ,one thing I remember from my previous Wings, good ones always draw spectators .

1 - 20 of 37 Posts