Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Looking to put a TPMS on my 08' Goldwing and wondering what other people have had good luck with?

thanks, Pat

·
Registered
230 Posts
This is the system I use. It works great. I have the one with 4 sensors because I pull a trailer also. I just put some Velcro on the back of the fob and just below the key on the dash. A quick look down and I can see the reading. They make a nicer unit that has the display that mounts to the bars. No interest in the ones that go to your phone. That is in my pocket when I travel.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I own and have used the TireGard and the Tire-Safe Guard and they work as advertised.
Now I am using the FOBO and I prefer it. They all use the same type of sensor that mounts to the valve stem rather than being inside the tire.

Your only concern with any of these is that if you have a older wheel with the 90 degree metal and rubber valve stem is that you install an all metal valve stem.

I see you have an '08 so you most likely have the onboard OEM TPMS with the solid valve stems. Any of the above should work perfectly with your wheels.

When the OEM system detects a low tire situation or the batteries finally die in your wheel sensors, you will get a TPMS light indication of some kind. If you wish to deactivate the OEM TPMS system, there is a way to do it. Do a search on You Tube. The answer is there.

Reactions: Wingstuff.com

·
Registered
249 Posts
I use the TireGuard model 3-318 same as shown above but with a small screen that attaches to your right hand master cylinder perch, tire pressure at a glance and when away from the bike put in trunk or pocket.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I own and have used the TireGard and the Tire-Safe Guard and they work as advertised.
Now I am using the FOBO and I prefer it. They all use the same type of sensor that mounts to the valve stem rather than being inside the tire.

Your only concern with any of these is that if you have a older wheel with the 90 degree metal and rubber valve stem is that you install an all metal valve stem.

I see you have an '08 so you most likely have the onboard OEM TPMS with the solid valve stems. Any of the above should work perfectly with your wheels.

When the OEM system detects a low tire situation or the batteries finally die in your wheel sensors, you will get a TPMS light indication of some kind. If you wish to deactivate the OEM TPMS system, there is a way to do it. Do a search on You Tube. The answer is there.
[/QUOTE

Looking at the parts fiche for the 2008, it does not list the TPMS sensors in the wheels. They only list the 'bent' valve stems, even the the fiche shows the sensors. I agree that the valve stems should be replaced with metal ones.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I didn't know which year Gold Wing came out with the OEM TPMS. I didn't want to take the time to look it up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The one I have on my wing was called Rupse, but I've seen it rebranded under a lot of different names. Most current looks like Tymate, and the price has dropped since I got mine 2.5 years ago.

Has worked great so far. It's new tire time and I'm going to try a set of T valve stems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts