Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone install after market pipes on their Gold Wing? What pipes would you suggest? Would it void warranty on a new Wing?

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Welcome to the site. No, the pipes shouldn't void the warranty, but what Mother Honda don't know won't hurt her. I run Torquemaster Kingsnakes on mine ('09) adn I like them. A few members have tride the Cobras and speak well of them too. You can also do the drill methout that Dookoo did on his: easy, cheap, and completely reverseable if you're not happy... just plug the hole.:D

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
BTW ACE, I'm moving this thread into the Exhaust Section. No harm no foul, just keeping things orderly.:D

·
Registered
316 Posts
I put MAC mufflers on my 90. We love them, not to loud not so quiet just right for a long ride and music, CB and intercom. :D

·
Super Moderator
9,997 Posts
Welcome Ace from another Keystone state member. Where in the state do you call home?? Ride safe and enjoy the forum..

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I've got the Daytona's on mine nice sound from them

·
Administrator
29,004 Posts
Charlie, I'm north of Harrisburg about 25 miles. Elizabethville. I miss the base notes from the big V-twins I rode before the Wing. Not looking for a loud rumble, just some MC music to tickle my fancy. My wife thinks our new Wing sounds like a vacuum cleaner.
We do enjoy the new ride. Lynn
We drive by and around frequently Two Wheel & I.;)

Welcome from Schuylkill County.:D

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Charlie, I'm north of Harrisburg about 25 miles. Elizabethville. I miss the base notes from the big V-twins I rode before the Wing. Not looking for a loud rumble, just some MC music to tickle my fancy. My wife thinks our new Wing sounds like a vacuum cleaner.
We do enjoy the new ride. Lynn
My former ST1300 sounded like a riled up sewing machine, nothing would make them sound mean IMO.

Fossil, if I had to figure out how to pronounce that county, riding a bull would feel smooth!!!:eek:

·
Administrator
29,004 Posts
Fossil, if I had to figure out how to pronounce that county, riding a bull would feel smooth!!!:eek:
It may look imtimidating Budok' but most people pronounce it such:

2 Syllables: School-Kill. Realty is the School should have a y sound in it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Anyone install after market pipes on their Gold Wing? What pipes would you suggest? Would it void warranty on a new Wing?
I tried the V&H monster ovals,there the deepest of all the mufflers I tried on the 1800,if you like a louder then stock HD you will like these but still far from that sound.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
A Wing will never sound like an HD, nothing does. The Motor Company has invested millions of dollars in that "potato, potato" cadence and has it patented to protect it. However, that doesn't mean that you can't make it sound as good (or better) in a certain way. M/C sound is a highly personal if not controversial subject, and so is very subjective in nature. I recently met with some of the nearby GWRRA members at a gathering and one co-rider didn't believe I was riding a Wing as 'they don't sound like that' (she only heard me ride up and didn't get a look at my bike). I have Torqmaster Kingsnakes and I don't consider my bike "loud" at all, just a bit of a low growl at low speed, and some attitude when you open the tap full bore. My wife has absolutely no issues with the exhaust note under any conditions so it's far from loud (until I told her I had it piped she didn't even know). I just needed some audible confirmation that I was on a 'machine' to add to the visceral pleasure of riding. That plus the fact that along with the performance advantage, it makes my HD riding buds practically wee themselves when I crack the throttle and leave them like dust motes in the breeze.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
I have only heard them as a Wing rode past us in East Glacier this summer. They have a very distictive and authoritative sound (GT-ish) compared to the deeper growl of my Torquemasters. Initially I thought them a bit raspy, but I'd have to spend some time with them to be more sure.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Cobra Tri Ovals. Love the sound...like an angry purrrrrr. Load enough to hear on the super slab and still subtle enough to not disturb the peace.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I ran into a guy the other day, with a 2008 wing. Had some muflers he called echo or eco.
Any way, were deep sounding and loud if he wrapped it. Not quite the harley sound, but as close as I have heard. Anyone with experience with these?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.