Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
12/26/12-01/03/13, 1847.5 Miles. Had a great holiday in Biloxi with the kids and left out the day after for FL. This is the third time we have done this ride after Christmas but changed the route a bit each time. Weather was great and routed ourselves away from freeways. The only traffic was a mile or so before Key West and the downtown area was jammed with scooters, bicycles and tourists just like us. Fun trip.
1. Day 1: Arrive in Florida
2. Day 2: Ride from Panama City to Crystal River via US 98, which hugged the coast for about 100 miles before going inland.
3. Day 3: US 98S to Lakeland. Toured the Florida Southern College campus designed and built by Frank Lloyd Wright in 1939-1958 and is the single largest collection of his work (8 structures). Rode on to Punta Gorda for the night. Continued.....

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,267 Posts
What's that funny blue stuff in all your pictures? :confused:

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Thank you George for your ride report. Also say a thank you to your photographer.

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
Thanks for the first installments. I'm a Frank Lloyd Wright fan from a amateurs position. I've been to his works in Arizona and a small one here locally.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Key West Ride continued.....

Pics 1,2,3 Day 6: US 27 N/US 441 N through Okeechobe to FL192 E to Melbourne and Scenic coast Hwy. A1A. for overnight in Cocoa Beach (New Year's Eve)

Pic 4 Day 7 Scenic Hwy 42 to Lake City for night

Pic 5 Day 8: Riding on the last leg of trip, FL20 W out of Tallahassee to Panama City.

Attachments

·
Administrator
29,019 Posts
Nice tour George, thanks for the ride.

·
Super Moderator
12,267 Posts
Beautiful sunset. Thanks for taking us along.

·
Administrator
15,310 Posts
Thanks for the tour. I've been wanting to ride to Key West for a while, just haven't gotten to it yet. It is 1000 miles from here and I'll get down there yet.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Looks like a great ride.
Thanks for taking us along via the pics and description.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Nice pictures. Was headed that way last year, and I pulled up short in Marco Island. So, you may have convinced me to take it all the way to Key West.

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Now thats my wife's kinda ride. She loves the beach and palm trees......Great Report. I wish I were there now.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wish Norma and I were there! Weather report here, mixed snow/ice/sub-freezing temps, not good, but thanks for the feedback. Being on two wheels was a great way to end one year and start another.

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
Thanks for the great ride George.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.