Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on my Vulcan 1600 Classic for 12 years now and always thought that it was a pretty decent ride but then I went and bought myself a 2014 F6B ABS a week ago and wow, now I'm spoiled.

I took out the Vulcan 1600 yesterday for a short ride and couldn't believe how much I don't like it anymore. Lol

You could say that I'm a Goldwing convert.

This F6B will more than likely be my last bike, I'm 58 years old and the F6B only has like 41,000 miles on it, and I don't usually rack up a lot of miles during most years. So it should last a long time.

If I ever had to switch to another bike it would more than likely be a GL1800 2017 or older.

What a fantastic piece of engineering! Way go Honda!

·
Super Moderator
15,012 Posts
a good friend of mine had a wing, he stopped riding it when he got a Vulcan 1600. he said he likes the style better and he was more comfortable on the Vulcan, he sold his wing last year

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, totally different take on what makes a great bike!

I can't say a bad thing about the quality of the Vulcan 1600, it's been a reliable bike but next to the smooth ride, comfort and awesome power of the GW I know I'm not switching back but yeah, if a person prefers the styling of a cruiser you might lean towards the Vulcan.

At this point in my life styling falls behind everything else but I do like looking at a nice cruiser but I'm way more into what the GW has to offer. And my wife has some pull on the choice too. Lol

·
Administrator
25,969 Posts
I rode a Vulcan Classic for 10 years and totally loved it. Was a different time in my riding life (all solo and with the V-twin crowd). But I also dropped a ton of coin customizing it into what I wanted for personal ride after my HD experiences (less than stellar and not all due to the bikes), but that is another story. Suspension, engine, visual and a host of comfort mods but ended up with a really good (and very reliable) ride. Still miss her at times.
But the comfort, quiet seamless power and smoothness of a GL (any model) is practically impossible to deny. Enjoy that Bagger!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,012 Posts
Wow, totally different take on what makes a great bike!

I can't say a bad thing about the quality of the Vulcan 1600, it's been a reliable bike but next to the smooth ride, comfort and awesome power of the GW I know I'm not switching back but yeah, if a person prefers the styling of a cruiser you might lean towards the Vulcan.

At this point in my life styling falls behind everything else but I do like looking at a nice cruiser but I'm way more into what the GW has to offer. And my wife has some pull on the choice too. Lol
my friend doesn't have to worry about passenger comfort, his wife rides a Yamaha v-star

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
I had an 07 Vulcan Nomad 1600, great bike but at that time I was only riding 1 up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts