Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm ready to take the Dear Wife out tomorrow on the Wing for the first time. Its much easier to ride than the 250 Honda Reflex than I thought. Ron the head of chapter P gave me a safty manual to work through so I spent 2 hours getting to know low speed in a parking lot- after permission first. Its an incredible bike even for its age. Love my new to me Wing.

·
Super Moderator
12,304 Posts
The first time I rode somebody on the Wing, I didn't even know they were back there!

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
I'm getting close to doing the same. Tomorrow is timing belts, coolant change/refresh (hopefully no need to have the radiator boiled out,) etc. By next weekend I'll have the carb synch rig from Val and we'll sychronize those bad boys.

I, too, am amazed at how easy the bike is to handle given its weight. Very nice geometry/engineering, and that's without refreshing/replacing any bearings so far. My nu2me '85 Aspencade handles even at low speed way better than my Suzi 850GL.

Hope you and Momma have a fine ride tomorrow!

·
Super Moderator
15,178 Posts
i like your wing too :)
have a safe ride tomorrow, where are you two going

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for the well wishing. I'm more worried about her than me in a fall. I've rode trail bike since I was 6 so hitting the ground isn't that big a deal but she on the other hand has never had to roll out from a spill not that we will hopefully!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Ok I'm ready to take the Dear Wife out tomorrow on the Wing for the first time. Its much easier to ride than the 250 Honda Reflex than I thought. Ron the head of chapter P gave me a safty manual to work through so I spent 2 hours getting to know low speed in a parking lot- after permission first. Its an incredible bike even for its age. Love my new to me Wing.
I've got a 1989. I have no idea what it rides like with 2 wheels since i have a trike kit on it, but I will say this, these GL1500's are fast. Have fun on your first 2-up on your new to you bike!

·
Registered
470 Posts
keeping the bike stable while the passenger gets on and off is the hardest part of riding 2up

·
Registered
334 Posts
I always let the wife get on first while its still on the side stand then Ill get on,I have not had any problems yet. And nohandles you will find it a little different riding two up just take it easy in your slow turns. And both of you have fun and post some pics of your ride you know how we love pics. Hal

·
Registered
123 Posts
I hope your ride went well today. I would remind everyone though that there is no passenger on a bike, only two riders. She may not have the controls in her hands but what she does makes the ride better or worse, safer or not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts