Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on the verge (at last) of buying a GoldWing. But I need some advice. I can get a 2010 low mileage or a new 2012 or a new 2013 all for near the same price. Is one of these years the clear winner? I don't know enough about the changes over the years other than just the appearances.

Thanks for any help! :hmmm:

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Hi, for myself I like the older models better, I dont like the back of the new wing it looks funny. I guess they must ride the same, it's up to you what style you like. I'm sure others will comment on the new model.

·
Premium Member
7,118 Posts
Hi, for myself I like the older models better, I dont like the back of the new wing it looks funny. I guess they must ride the same, it's up to you what style you like. I'm sure others will comment on the new model.
+1 on the 2010 Look....I wouldn't pay the same price though. I do like the fact that the 2013 offers a single color versus the 2012. I personally don't care for the silver on the 2012.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,177 Posts
hello catbird, welcome to GWOF. there is a clear winner.... its the wing you want to see parked in your garage

·
Premium Member
24,530 Posts
The '12 and '13 models are, believe it or not, a bit smoother than their fore-runners. Saddlebags are a bit larger, and the seats are a tad better (subjective a bit), and the GPS is upgraded. Lots of owners prefer a Nuvi or other GPS though. I make due pretty well with my '09 system.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Can't compare the 1st gen 18's to the 2nd, went from 1500 to 2012 18. I'm opposite of others, went to the '12 because I liked the looks of it compared to the 01-10's.:lala:
Choice is yours, get what you can afford/tickles your fancy the most, what will make you the happiest is the one you have to ride.:InLove4: Good luck!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I have an '06 but I like the look of the newer wings. I like the old school Honda emblem on the side of the bike. I also like the shape of the bags. Differentiates the newer ones from the same old stuff.

·
Super Moderator
10,044 Posts
Any and all of the Wings you are looking at will more than meet your needs. Buy the one you like..

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have owned a 2010 and now own a 2012. I would go with the low mileage 2010. I do not dislike the 2012 but none of the improvements mean anything to me with the exception of the wheel coating . I had to replace the seat, hate the audio controls at the left knee, appearance does not mean a thing and nav was fine with 2010. The glove box is a total waste.
My 2012 runs great and I love it, I could not find anything but a yellow 2010 and that just would not work for me.
The entire "built in America" thing actually makes me laugh.....if that really meant so much to everyone they would never buy a Japanese bike......get over it....Honda is owned by the Japanese, dont care if Marysville was the production site...there I said it....now you look in the mirror and say the words....."I bought a Japanese bike"....you will feel better once you get it out. Now dont lie to your self thinking you are a patriot because someone in Ohio made your bike. The japanese own the company.....period....:Japan:anese

·
Registered
51 Posts
There both great bikes ..I'd most likely go for the newest just for the resale value down the road ..hopefully a long way down the road..liking this look or that will wear off in about 2 weeks

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
I didn't particularly like the looks of the rear-end of the newer Gold Wings when I first saw them but like a lot of other things I can get used to it. The performance and ride is the most important. I did like the looks of my ’06 more than I do my 2012.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.