Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am seriously thinking of triking my 2010 Goldwing. I am undecided between the Hannigan and Roadsmith conversions. Any advice would certainly be helpful.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I own a Hannigan.
It was picked after nearly a four year study. Converted in 2010.
We absolutely adore the smoothest of this conversion.
No problems so far.
Having said that, I am intrigued by the AccuRide option now available on the RoadSmith!
This was not available when I converted!
"AccuRideThis convenient new option is an auto leveling system that adjusts the suspension for various loads with Progressive Air Shocks. Using a magnetic sensor, AccuRide knows exactly how much to "air up" or "air down" the shocks depending on the load. This allows the trike to always be at the correct ride height, with no need for manual adjustment."
While the simplicity of the Hannigan IRS is one of the assets besides being the smoothest conversion we tested, I am wondering how AccuRide would perform, the durability of the system and extra maintenance requirements. Will worth considering,
Almost of equal importance is choosing a competent installer! Shop around. One of the best ways to pick a good installer is when you are sure of the brand you want, talk to the manufacturer rep at the factory and ask for the name of the best installer within the area you are willing to travel to get the conversion done. My quest sent me to an installer 5hrs away, while there were 2 within an hour of my home!

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have a Roadsmith on my 05 Wing which was installed this past July.

As mentioned above, RS does offer the accu-ride (and quite a few other options) although I don't have that option on my trike. Personally, you can't go wrong with either the Hannigan or Roadsmith. It basically comes down to which body style you like the best. Both units have the longer wheelbase which definitely adds to the smooth ride. One of the most recent options Roadsmith has to offer are the 'Comfort Controls'. Now that's one option I definitely wanted and they really do make a difference in the foot/leg position for a more 'natural' and comfortable sitting position.

Oh,,, have I mentioned? I love my Roadsmith, lol. :D

·
Premium Member
6,713 Posts
I have a Roadsmith on my 05 Wing which was installed this past July.

As mentioned above, RS does offer the accu-ride (and quite a few other options) although I don't have that option on my trike. Personally, you can't go wrong with either the Hannigan or Roadsmith. It basically comes down to which body style you like the best. Both units have the longer wheelbase which definitely adds to the smooth ride. One of the most recent options Roadsmith has to offer are the 'Comfort Controls'. Now that's one option I definitely wanted and they really do make a difference in the foot/leg position for a more 'natural' and comfortable sitting position.

Oh,,, have I mentioned? I love my Roadsmith, lol. :D
Rich,

What part of central VA do you reside? I'm just west of Richmond.

Mark

·
Registered
363 Posts
Congratulations on the new Trike!!! May you have many happy & safe miles ahead! :thumb:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Don't forget the Champion Trike Conversion. A local shop here sells a lot of them, more than Hannigan, and they go together easier and I believe cost less. Looks are simlar, and the ride should be the same.

A lot depends on who will do the conversion. If the shop is a good one, consider their advice carefully because the quality of the kit looks a lot different to an installer compared to an owner. You may not know what shortcuts had to be taken to make a kit fit. If the installer has an easier time with one brand over another, they may charge you less for labor too!

·
Registered
37 Posts
All i can say that if you are considering either of those brands....
Do not do anything until after bike week.
TRUST me on this.... do not make your decision untill after bike week

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.