Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 wing and I am looking at installing an intercom system on the bike. I am new to the wing and new to having a headset and could use your advice. My dealership wants to install a wireless scala rider team set. Is this a good move or should I go with a wired system?

·
Registered
382 Posts
I think the wireless system is pretty expensive and pretty obvious why they want to sell it. I am not sure about quality comparsion. I have a cheap set that work very well for music but so far pick up a little to much wind and therefore mute out the mucic too easily when left on constantly. I am going to use a rubber windsock and try turning down the intercom volume. I don't remember the brand but they are made for a half helmet or when wearing no helmet at all. I got them at chromeworld.com for $70 apiece. The sound quality is great when using the music or intercom seperately. I have only used them twice. For headsets that fit into my open face helmets I will probably go with Edsets or J&M.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info

Thanks for the infomation. I am not familiar with the J&M or Edsets. I will check them out on-line.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went on-line and checked the EdSets. They seem to get great reviews and the support seems excellent. I'm feeling that the Scala might not be the wat to go.

·
Registered
382 Posts
There are tons of posts about headsets on the gl1800riders board. Probably have to use their search function but they are there.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I will check it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.