Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got dressed and was out the door by 07:45, it was 43f but nice and sunny out. I got the GSA fired up then plugged in my electric jacket liner just in case. I had on my tourmaster recon jacket and a mid-weight fleece jacket too. I wore a pair of cabella fleece lined jeans along with my klim latitude pants, two pair of sox kept the chill off my feet. the hand guards keep a lot of air off the hands and with heated grips I figured the alpinestar Gore-Tex lined gloves would be enough..... and I was right. I had planned on leaving sooner so I wouldn't have to take the expressway. it took about an hour to make it to Monroe, mi, scott was waiting in his garage when I arrived, I was there so scott could sync my throttle bodies

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
after the deed was done I hung out with scott for awhile. I really didn't have a ride planned so I took m-50 east then us-24 and headed for erie, mi. cause I've been saying for three years that I was going to get a pic of this mural

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in erie, mi. I decided to go to Toledo, oh seeing that it was only 16 miles away. I went downtown for the usual pic

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
leaving downtown Toledo I rode back to us-24 and headed for home. the temp gauge was showing 60f but there was a cold gusty breeze coming out of the south. I took I-275 north but that strong breeze was pushing the GSA sideway. I exited the expressway at Carleton, mi. I figured I would meander my way home from there. I spotted this at the VFW post

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
still meandering west north west I finally made my way to sumpter, mi. I made a right on sumpter rd. and took it to I-94. I took m-39 north to us-12, made a stop in Dearborn, mi for a catfish and shrimp dinner seeing that I hadn't eaten anything. from there I headed home for a late lunch

·
Super Moderator
28,254 Posts
Nice ride Doc...

You are the man

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: George Henderson

·
Registered
158 Posts
Nice little ride Will. The mold spores are kicking my butt right now, so stayed in the house and watched the birds outside on the feeders. I like to say, "now that I'm retired, everyday is Saturday" so I'll ride "next Saturday" (tomorrow or the next day, or the next...)
We need to catch up - maybe I'll run down to "Henry's" to say "hi" to you guys one of these days.

Tom

Sing to Him who rides across the heavens, his mighty voice thundering from the sky.
Ps 68:33

·
Super Moderator
15,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice little ride Will. The mold spores are kicking my butt right now, so stayed in the house and watched the birds outside on the feeders. I like to say, "now that I'm retired, everyday is Saturday" so I'll ride "next Saturday" (tomorrow or the next day, or the next...)
We need to catch up - maybe I'll run down to "Henry's" to say "hi" to you guys one of these days.

Tom

Sing to Him who rides across the heavens, his mighty voice thundering from the sky.
i'm going to get lisa up your way if the weather is good easter weekend

·
Registered
158 Posts
Cool! We'll be here on Saturday (going to Cheryl's mom's on Sunday)

·
Super Moderator
14,332 Posts
Nice ride Doc and thanks for taking us along.

Reactions: detdrbuzzard

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Nice ride and pics Doc. Glad you enjoyed the trip.

·
Premium Member
3,613 Posts
Nice ride. Did you notice any difference after the carbs were adjusted?

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice ride. Did you notice any difference after the carbs were adjusted?

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know if it made a difference when the carbs were adjusted but the fuel injection is better, better throttle response and running smoother at all rpm's :)

Reactions: Special Wing

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Good stuff there Doc. I thought you guy's had a dumping of snow up your way and it would be sometime before you could get the bikes out for a spin.

·
Super Moderator
15,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good stuff there Doc. I thought you guy's had a dumping of snow up your way and it would be sometime before you could get the bikes out for a spin.
we had some snow flakes but nothing stuck around, the temps have been too high. all rain today with temps in the 40's, I should have good dry weather tomorrow

·
Super Moderator
9,758 Posts
still meandering west north west I finally made my way to sumpter, mi. I made a right on sumpter rd. and took it to I-94. I took m-39 north to us-12, made a stop in Dearborn, mi for a catfish and shrimp dinner seeing that I hadn't eaten anything. from there I headed home for a late lunch
Just so I understand... you went for a catfish and shrimp dinner and then home for lunch!!! HUMMMM hungry fellow you are...

Great pics Doc. Take care..

·
Administrator
26,312 Posts
Thanks for that Doc! Dang I wanna ride...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts