Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All ride's start in Adelaide right ..................... Did you get a smile.(At least one member should have a smile):motorbike2:
The bike is ready the sun is up and we are expecting about 85f. We will start by going over the Hills, crossing over the river Murry and down along the Coorong. Then we will follow the sea down to Kingston. At Kingston we will head inland to Horsham (Victoria) to our over night stop at Stawell.
So climb aboard, there will be photos.

·
Premium Member
16,688 Posts
All ride's start in Adelaide right ..................... Did you get a smile.(At least one member should have a smile):motorbike2:
The bike is ready the sun is up and we are expecting about 85f. We will start by going over the Hills, crossing over the river Murry and down along the Coorong. Then we will follow the sea down to Kingston. At Kingston we will head inland to Horsham (Victoria) to our over night stop at Stawell.
Remember 55 MPH, Eric, 55 MPH.:arghh:

·
Administrator
29,080 Posts

:Happy:I am, I am.:Happy:

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
My ride to the store was all I did today. Look forward to your pictures and ride. Always cool.

·
Premium Member
11,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Today was the first IB ride for this year.(For a Candy Arsed Tourer)
We got a late start because one of those:spam: type low life crashed Vanessa's lap top. So before we could leave we needed to take it to the Dr to get it fixed. And we needed to cover 400 miles today.(That is a IB ride for a CAT member)
The rebuilt seat on the 1200 was not a big improvement, so I think I will order a after market seat for it in the States. Otherwise the 1200 ran sweet. We rode at 65-70 mph and got 35 mpg.
Leaving Adelaide at 9:30 and arriving at Meningie for an early lunch. Meningie is only 100 mile out of Adelaide, so that ment we still had 300 mile to go. The camera was put away and we had to make tracks.
So for those that are new to the forum, here are some photo from my trip down here last year. The first photo is Meningie, second photo is of the Coorong, 3&4 is at Kingston.(The lobster is called 'Larry")
We will lift our game with photo's in Victoria tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,149 Posts
I run into Australian customers now and then and it's great when I ask them where they are from. I can respond , " Oh! You're such and such from Adelaide near the such and such town of....... " Have you ever been to such and such place ? "

·
Administrator
29,080 Posts
There's no way Vanessa is on the back of the 250!:2guns:

She loves her Wing too much.

·
Super Moderator
10,053 Posts
Great pics Eric. Never see too many folks in the pics from down under. Must not be a very populated place...

·
Premium Member
11,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For 300 miles of the ride we would not have seen more than 30 cars. We were riding country back roads. Today we will start with 30 miles main hwy. Then it will be back roads for 300 miles. We are goimg to see some good country today. But I dont think we will have the internet where we are staying.

·
Super Moderator
12,302 Posts
Ride safe and report in when you can.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Hope you are having a good time but how did you get Vanessa to put up the camera? Also old pictures aren't really sporting. Still looking for that proof.....

G

·
Sure Eric, I just rode my bike to California and back. Sorry I forgot my camera at home. But if you want some pics I will post some from my flight to Las Vegas. lol lol lol.

·
Premium Member
11,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok Vanessa has the camera out and on the second day we left Stawell and headed donw the main Hwy 8 that goes from Adelaide to Melbourne
At Ararat we turned of and went down the Pyrenees Hwy through the Pyrenees ranges. The sun was in the wrong spot but we did what we could with the photos.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
More photo on the way to Avoca. At this point it is mainly farming area.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We have our breakfast at Avoca. It is a small town and a old town by Australian standards.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.