Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just been on a ride from Adelaide to Victoria. On Friday I left at 1pm and went on one of our great bike roads. The Chain of Ponds rd. 25 miles of twists and turns. It then opens up a bit down to the River Murray.From there you go through some of the outback of Australia. I made it to Sea Lake. Thats about 250 miles.From there I went to Ned Kelly country and up to the high country and stay at Jamieson, about 350 miles.The last day was a big day for me 600 miles,but some very nice roads.That was a 13hour day.The next ride I do I will take some photos and get some help to post it. Eric

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
I Google mapped it. That is some ride from what I can see from the map. Talking with Wing Down Under I assumed you were in the throws of winter there.

·
Premium Member
11,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Adelaide to Victoria

Yes for me thats a big ride in 3 days.Our winter is not so wet but I find it plenty cold.For 3 months I was working in Port Lincoln and going home to Adelaide thats is 400 miles one way.Before that I was working in Kalgoorlie West Australia a distance of 1400 miles. It was just too far to come back. So once there it was fly in fly out. This year has been a big year so far this year I have covered 10000 miles mainly for work.Not that it is likely for anyone in USA to be here in october but I will be doing a ride Philip Island and do the Barry Sheene ride from Brainsdale to Philip Island and I will tell you more about it in the coming months.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts