Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This ride is one of my favorite rides.It is a 80 miles ride to Victor Harbor. There are many great routes to get there.Today was about 90f but the breeze was coming off the sea so riding was great. Leaving Adelaide and heading south for about 20 miles until you can get to the edge of the city. Then the hills start straight away for the next 40 miles. Most of the corners are 40-50 mph corners. Fast enough to get the heart rate up, because if you mess up in a corner, it will hurt. The route I took was through Clarendon, Kangarilla, Meadows, Ashbourne, Goolwa, to Victor Harbor. I am sorry I don't have route numbers. The first 2 photos is coming into Clarendon and the corners here are a little bit tighter than the rest of the way. The 3rd photo is on bull creek. I was going to get a photo of the bull creek sign but I though you may have had enough after[bull rider] bit. Now the photo of the tree was taken to show where the Aboriginals took the bark to make a canoe. Later in the month I will be going back to Victor Harbor and I will give you a little of the history.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Eric, The route numbers don't matter. We just love looking at the pictures & reading the History. You & Vanessa are a fantastic addition to our site. I've been educated already about "down under" from your tales. Keep up the great work.

You're making winter go by faster than normal.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Down Under

One day someone is going to read my trips and say to themselves " why should Eric have all that fun when I am stuck in this white stuff. I am going Down Under and join him. Try some of his cholate port. You may like to lay back on a sandy beach that you have all to yourself or see one of our boomers[kangaroos] in the wild. The carrot is there, and the seed is planted, I just have to keep watering it.LOL Eric

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Your post is seminal and your country inviting. I have a close friend here who does some government contract traveling to Australia and would like to get a one way ticket there. We have the bikes and you have the roads. Why can't we get the two together ?

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats the way I am "seminal' Chopin114. But I have see it before , where you get to know someone and next you know you are on a plane and having a holiday to catch up. My boss at work is going to the USA in September to catch up with his freind and this is his second trip there. They have a ball together. Some years ago they came to OZ and didn't want to go home again. But all good thing have to come to an end. The only thing it seem to be hard to keep it going without something that is a comon interest. Eric

·
Super Moderator
14,420 Posts
Great ride and pictures, thanks. I put all that into Google Map and can see where you went.

I've tried to get down there for work the past two years but keep getting passed over. We exchange a group of wildland firefighters every year. Ours are down there now and yours will come to the western US in August. Maybe next year.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not putting the presure on but it would be nice to catch you in the traps over here if the opportunity comes up. To be able to have a ride somewhere would be so much fun. Keep the iron in the fire and we will see how thing go. Eric

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
That's a boy Eric, keep making us drool. Mmmmmm chocolate port: John Boag's (ok I know that's Tassie stuff but hey); Bundy/coke by the pitcher. You guys know how to (urp) live:D

·
Super Moderator
14,420 Posts
I'm always up for trying a local beer! Sounds good to me, now all I gotta do it get there.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now I can tell you the second side of the story because Vanessa is not here. On Feb the 4th is our 33 wedding anniversarry. And I am going to use that event to take Vanessa on her first bike ride. I will most likely take the same route as in the earlier post. It's not a long ride, but there is a lot to see and not much traffic on this ride. The last time Vanessa was on a bike was 35 years ago. I want to give her time to get settled on the bike and enjoy the experience. We will travel down to Victor Harbour on the 28th of Jan., and stay the night. We will have lots of photos and will give you the history with the photos. Over the next 12months I will increase the distance and go to some other places and get her use-to the bike. Eric

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Nice little surprise plan , Eric. It will be nice to see your romantic side Mr. "........ use a hammer ".

·
Super Moderator
14,420 Posts
Nice plan, rooting for you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts