Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Kemeri's first ride on the 1200 wing. I put her in charge of the camera. Today was 25c and blue sky's with a cool breeze and we were leaving at 12:30. We left the city on hwy1 through the hills to the Stirling turn off. The road from Stirling to Strathabyn is B33, it is a bit of a goat track with lots of tall trees and the corners are 25-50mph corners. Just soooooo much fun on a bike but I slowed down to get photos and stop as instucted by the camera operator. Here are some of the photo's on the way to Strathalbyn.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Looks like you had a great day. 9 inches of snow here yesterday, so no riding for me...

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
Great job Eric. The last three pictures bear a strange resemblance to Northeast Pa. as well as other areas of the States. Keep on riding sooner or later we'll get our chance.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Great pics Eric! Keep it up Im gonna end up in the looney bin!!! Hehehee! Glad you are enjoying the new ride!

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some more photo's of the town itself. Kemeri got a photo of herself as only the young one's seem to like. Also I just had to take one for Matt. Guess which photo that may have been. Just out of town heading towards the River Murray is an important vineyard called Langhorne Creek. Anyway here is somemore photos. Eric

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Hey Eric, your making me envious. Last time I was on the bike with weather like the pictures you posted was in November. Even then it was frosty.
Enjoy, I won't be there for about another month or two.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Eric...for Pete's sake man, get on the right side of the road. Your gonna kill somebody!!!

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chopin114: I like it when I see that snake sign. At the bottom of the hill, the front disks were smoking. I have new brake pads on the front and I am not really happy with the brakes. I will hunt down some new disk and put new pads in again. But the Deer's here for some reason that I don't know about don't get a sign to warn you of their presence. I thought Matt may like the deere sign and would feel at home when he saw it.
Dreamweaver:I have driven in France and the USA twice and I have to really keep checking myself to make sure that I am on the RIGHT side when overseas. In this case I was happy with that side. It comes down to old habits die hard, most of the time that works well.
Thanks for the other comments. It will not be long now and the riding will be ON for you guys. Vanessa's giving me the hurry up because someone I know.......didn't get enough chicken for dinner, so I will put in some more photos and get back later. Eric

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Very nice Eric. Y'know the worst thing about the left hand drive thing is the shift gate and the fott pedals in the autos are the same, but the darn signal stalks are backwards! Don't even remember how many times I traversed a roundabout with the wipers going instead of the signal blinker! Hung a Cdn flag in the window so the locals would take pitty on the tourist.:D

·
Super Moderator
11,818 Posts
I think I'll move to Australia!!

:D :D

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Come on Down Cantankerous. Or at least come down and have a look, you will love it. I think you could spend a life time trying to explore both of our countries. There is just so much to see. The only thing stopping most of us is. $$$$$$$. Eric

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Some more photo's of the town itself. Kemeri got a photo of herself as only the young one's seem to like. Also I just had to take one for Matt. Guess which photo that may have been. Just out of town heading towards the River Murray is an important vineyard called Langhorne Creek. Anyway here is somemore photos. Eric
Hey Eric, don't know how I missed this post, actualy saw the Deere picture before I read your post and I knew It had to be for me. Thanks a bunch!

·
Super Moderator
14,423 Posts
Great camera work! Thanks for the tour. It is pretty nice right now down here in the south but not as nice as your pictures. I had my first bug hit my faceshield the other day so spring is coming.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Matt: I was getting a bit disapointed because I thought you would jump in on that. But all is not lost, I thought you may also like the farming photos as well. I think we follow you guys in the farming methods. Crownfire: I though it was good to involve Kemeri. She lack a bit of confordance and she done well. She is a great kid. Eric

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
You're right Eric I do enjoy the farming pictures, it's amazing how much your landscape resembles ours in certain areas.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hey eric tell vanessa she took some excelent pic's and keep up the good work

1 - 17 of 17 Posts