Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I started in Adelaide again. This trip was to catch up with my brother and time was an issue. And it had to be with the Sabre because the wing is pulled down now. The weather was expected to be clearing showers. And it was, but we were quite prepared for it and it was great. I had things to do before our departure and the plan was to leave at 12am. to met my brother at Kingston 250 miles away. Kemeri was coming with me and by the time I was ready to depart it was 12:30 so we had a little bit of time to make up. Leaving the city by the hwy through the Adelaide hills at 70mph all was well, then I get a tap on the shoulder, Kemeri needs the rest room. The next town is Callington. Callington is a small town just off the hwy, it's still in the hills but it is in the rain shadow. This lot of photo's is of that stop.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Back on the road and it's only 30 miles to Tailem Bend for the gas stop. 120 miles was covered and 2.74 US. gallon and $14. We were now a little late and I picked the pace up to 80-85 mph and then I started thinking my next gas stop was going to be 130 miles and it was a very strong head wind. So I dropped the speed back Because running out of gas is a slower option. A good decision because we had half a pint left in the tank. $20 to fill this time. My brother was waiting for me. Kingston to Mount Gambier is 100 miles and the wind was very strong and I used 3 US gallons and cost $16. So I only got 35 mpg. It would have been interesting to see how the wing would have gone in the same condions. Some photo's of Kingston.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After a late night catching up with all the latest news, it was a late start for a local ride. We deceided to ride to a little place called Nelson, just over the boarder into Victoria. It's a straight run over undulating hills down to the coast. Nelson sits on the Glenelg River and there is a lots of bush land that we call National Parks. There are only rough tracks through the parks and David was stuggling to stay upright. One of the parks is called Piccinini Ponds which is world Heritage listed. The last photo is looking into the pond and is as good as I could get, but the water is very clear. The real action is under the water where a kelp forest grows and limestone caves can be explored by divers. Here are some photos of the area. It is a lot more interesting under the water and here is a link to see this:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try again for Piccinini ponds

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The return

We traveled the same route on the way home but stopped at different places. If I was travelling by myself, I would have spent more time on the Coorong. It's the best I have seen it for a long time and there are flocks of pelican, about 20 in the air in one flock. We stopped at Salt Creek and took a photo of Salt Creek where you see wild bird life all the time. Kemeri wanted a stop at Murray Bridge on the edge of the River Murray. Kemeri got to play a train driver and we had a look at a paddle steamer on the River Murray. Only 1 hour from home but Kemeri is looking forward to the next trip being on the wing. Eric

Attachments

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Great pics as always Eric! It looks like you had a nice trip!!!

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm sadly lacking that information but do know that it's 17 metres high. There was a mistake when it was made, the measures were given in FEET but was made in METRES. It was made just after the change to metres. I guess you could say there was red faces in there somewhere. Eric

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well next time you pass by say, " Larry. Chopin says hello ! "
I don't know how you do it, but Larry it is. Here I am trying to give my local history and learn something about my local history from the other side of the world. Just don't think that I know that sort of detail about the USA. Eric

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
I don't know how you do it, but Larry it is. Here I am trying to give my local history and learn something about my local history from the other side of the world. Just don't think that I know that sort of detail about the USA. Eric
Chopin: I just want to say one word to you - just one word.
Eric: Yes sir.
Chopin: Are you listening?
Eric: Yes I am.
Chopin: " Wikipedia ".
Eric: Exactly how do you mean?
Chopin: Think about it. Will you think about it?
Eric : Yes I will.
Chopin: Shh! Enough said. :)

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Eric,
Thanks for the tour. Very good photos and glad you both had a good time.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Very nice Eric. I don't know about cleaning that dirt trail out from under a Wing though.....Love the pics, fine Country you have down there.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Eric, the way you describe your trips they seem like documentaries. I always enjoy reading and looking at your photos. Thanks for taking us along. Ride safe ( I wish we were riding, 31 degrees here today).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts