Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not a long ride but it is very relaxing ride. Things were a little hectic before I left because of sorting out the electrics on the 1200. I went to get gas and some food for those that were left behind. While riding to the shopping centre I was adjusting the left mirror when it broke off in my hand. So while at the shops I was looking at the mirror and you could see that it had been stuck to gether with glue by the last owner. Because I was ready to set of on a ride I thought blow it I will stick it together again for the looks even if Its not much use to me. Back home that is what I did so we were now 1 hour late. Not to worry we will make the rest break shorter. It was great weather for riding so it didn't take long to start enjoying the ride. Leaving home on the Port express way to highway one and heading north it is very flat, with market gardens. Turning off hwy 1 at Two Wells onto a secondary road to Balaklava to our rest location. It's a small country town with a great park which we made use of to sit down for a drink. From Balaklava we took the road to Blyth. Blyth to Clare is only about 12 miles but I like climbing the hill to Clare. You can see for miles over flat farming land and in the space of 5 miles it goes from open farming to vineyards and tall trees.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The return

On the way home we came through to Auburn down the Clare valley. At Auburn we turned left and went to Saddleworth and onto Marabel. Marabel is where they still run a rodeo each year. In the township there is a sculpture of a horse that remained unbeaten for 6 years. These roads are very secondary and it highlighted the need to fix the fork seals. Tomorrow is that day. Eric

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,437 Posts
Glad to see you guys are enjoying the Wing. Always good to ride along with you.

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
On the road with Eric and Vanessa. Very nice lunch stop. The only items missing are me and the Hamburger buns. Hats off to the Rodeo rider and the famous horse and especially the other two riders on their horseless carriage.

·
Premium Member
11,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Chopin114: I don't want to get you into trouble but that was my valentine present to Vanessa. The ride was my gig but we stayed the night super deluxe double with a spa and a private balcony. It was topped off with a healthy dinner cooked by my private chef, Vanessa. The next morning we had the birds singing and no traffic noise. It was just over 100 miles to get home again on the scenic route. Eric

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
You know something Eric, the Wing has brought Vickie and I closer together because of its ability to take us away.

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
You know something Eric, the Wing has brought Vickie and I closer together because of its ability to take us away.
You have to love motorcycles.. They do have that ability.. Nothing like a great ride with great company.. Ride safe my friends..:)

·
Premium Member
11,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only reason I would have ever thought of having a wing is that Vanessa can come along. Having the rep. of being the most comfortable no other bike was going to get alook in. I had someone trying to get me to buy a Yamaha Venturer which looks simular. It was Vanessa that came up with the idea of the tour of the South West and I said it will have to be on a wing then. Because I would like the bike trips be with both of us. Vanessa's joint's give her a lot of pain. The first trip to Victor Harbour on the Sabre gave me a big hurry up to get a wing because she was in pain by the time we got there. She has coped being on the wing which is a good thing. If all goes well in the USA and she enjoys being on the bike I may invest in a newer wing. Eric

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
The Ladies do add a certain something to a road trip.
From the Northwest Corner.

·
Super Moderator
14,411 Posts
Nice ride, thanks for the pictures. I've always heard "If Mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy". Seems universal.

·
Premium Member
11,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
great ride report eric and if vanessa needs a little more room back there to make her more comfortable take a look at this http://goldwingchrome.com/N_ItemDetails.asp?parItemID=124&parCategory=GL1200
Thanks very much Detdrbuzzard: We had a look at that site and because Vanessa is not very tall she has enough room on the wing. Her pain comes from the joints in her ankle and knees. But I do think the arm rests would be a hit, they look soooooo comfortable. Eric

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Thanks for sharing Eric. I have to make a point of taking more photos when I ride (er, stop).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts