Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I road the section from Adelaide to Birdwood which was the section that was so wet on the Adelaide to Philip Island that I didnt get photos off. I mybe biased but I think I could have stop a every corner and got an interesting photo. The first photo is only 5 miles out of Adelaide. Some of the locations you cant stop for photos. The 5 photos is from Houghton to Chain of Ponds.Because this is the second time to post this because of the inbuilt computor monster that wipe out the last post, I will more photos up tomorow.

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Outstanding mate! I gotta get back there one day.

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
I knew the sun also shone on Australia; and I knew if I were patient I would see it someday. Today is the day. You are my eyes to a far away, yet strangely familiar, place. You represent your country well . I look forward to your pictorial journeys. I may even learn to play my Didgeridoo someday for you on YouTube.

·
Premium Member
11,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Culturally only males play the didgeridoo so you will be right to play it.Our Native people have a male only roles and female only roles. These photo are on the Adelaide to Birdwood at Gumeracha.This very much my back yard as far as going for a ride. From my house to the start of the ride is about 30 minutes to the start of the twisties. I love this erea, there is so much unspoilt natual enviroment to experence. You do need to expect to see our grasshoppers [kangaroos] late in the day or early in the morning. Due to the modern camera or its operator,some of the photos didnt come out.Eric

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Wow Eric, I think I could live down there. I have never really seen any pictures and all the eucalyptus trees reminds me of our ranch in Calif when I was a kid. Is it like that everywhere. Thanks for sharing. You just opened another set of eyes. earthpig.....

·
Super Moderator
28,437 Posts
Eric, you are the man & thanks for the view "Down Under".

Thanks for Sharing.:D

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
Eric: I hope your plans to the Southwest ( especially Arizona) in 2012 happen. I'm pretty date flexible with my annual trip out there. Hell, why doesn't the whole Forum meet in Arizona in April 2012 . We could get the sponsors to host the event.

·
Premium Member
11,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am going to book my leave in the next couple of weeks, so I will be able to give you dates to work on. Earthpig you have about 150 miles long, of roads like this in the Adelaide hills. I just love it so much and from my house to this is 30 minutes. It just can''t get better. It would be a real hoot to meet some of the forum in the USA. If your commitments allow you to join me it would be so much fun.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Eric: I hope your plans to the Southwest ( especially Arizona) in 2012 happen. I'm pretty date flexible with my annual trip out there. Hell, why doesn't the whole Forum meet in Arizona in April 2012 . We could get the sponsors to host the event.

Hey chopin, If invited we would be there for sure. Just 6 hrs. away.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am going to book my leave in the next couple of weeks, so I will be able to give you dates to work on. Earthpig you have about 150 miles long, of roads like this in the Adelaide hills. I just love it so much and from my house to this is 30 minutes. It just can''t get better. It would be a real hoot to meet some of the forum in the USA. If your commitments allow you to join me it would be so much fun.

That would be awesome to ride but better to live there. What is the weather like. Four seasons. There's a stretch of road along the Calif. coast above San Francisco that has eucalyptus trees like your area. It would be great to meet up on the road when your out. earthpig...

·
Premium Member
11,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We get the 4 seasons in Adelaide. Summer can get very hot, a week of temps of 100f. I dont consider that we get winter when you talk of northern USA. Cold days in winter are 10/12c and a rain fall of about 18 inches . Adelaide is in the driest state of the driest country in the world. The Adelaide hills gives us a higher rain fall than the rest of the state. There is a lot of wine made in the state and wide spread grain crops. It is very rich in geology and so much to see in that erea. Our population is the biggest differance to the USA. I spent a lot of my growing up in the station country and then we moved to a place called Poonindie. Try looking that up. There was 6 houses and a church. When we moved to Adelaide with a million people it took me 3 years to adjust. Can you imagine the shock when I went to the USA. You had more people in your cities than we have in the country. But I found the people in the street so friendly. I would stop and talk to so many poeple just going to the shops. But then that is me. Vanessa says in 5 mins.,I a have a new mate. I have gone on a bit , so hope that gives some back ground

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks for sharing with us such a great place. We talk of going to Australia some day so when the time comes I'll be sure to get with you for advise. earthpig...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts