Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
86 GL1200I wanna be trike. I'm adding 2 speakers to the face of the top trunk of my of the tour pak on my tike. The speakers are 4" 200 watt. Wiring up to a clarion am/fm CD palyer.

My question is; is there a difference in speaker wire "power"? Can I use regular speaker wire, or do I need wire that is compatible with my speaker wattage ? All I can find is wire guage, which doesn't explain anything to me. Hate to spend $ on good speakers and then not use the correct wire to get the max soound oout of them.

thanx..:confused:

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like ya'll don't bother talking to new guys. I'm getting most of my questions answered by my friends. Looks like I really don't need to belong to this site. Nine different posts and only 2 replies.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I am not sure about the wiring issue but I know that some times it takes a while to get an answer. Dont take it personal there is really a great bunch of guys here with good information!!

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
I couldn't say for absolute but I think you could use regular speaker wire. I would suggest you check one of the Local Radio shack stores., or some place that sells that kind of equipment.
On Technical stuff I prefer to post on what I know about, not guessing.
From The Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
I helped you out when you asked about the add on trike kit and would help you again, your post is only 3 days old and I try to answer as many questions as I can. Yes, you do want to use quality speaker wire and you also want 'Waterproof' speakers. I hope you are using a 'Marine grade' stereo unit, since you trike is used outdoors.
I have a friend over on the west coast of Florida who does high end custom sound systems and he uses in his installations gold connectors and expensive speaker wires. The sound of these mobile audio systems is phenomenal. You may also have to see if the bike's charging system can handle 21st century electronics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts