Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much trouble is it to add lights onto the 1800 ? Are there built in plug ins for accessory lighting ? I've bought a few and trying to decide on doing it myself or taking it to the Honda shop. Leaning towards the shop !

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
It depends on what lights you are adding and where you are adding them to. Most are just plug and play, like saddle bag and trunk molding lights, reflectors that you change to lights, opera lights, mirror turn signals, if the lights you buy have a plug on the end they are plug and play, if they just have a wire than you will have to splice them.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Do it yourself - save some bucks! Like Joe says - most come with connectors and they are plug 'n play. I installed truck/saddlebag trim w/leds - simple install. I also installed driving lights. A little bit more of a pain, but if you take your time and follow the instructions - anyone can do it.
Rob

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now if only I can figure out how to get to some of these wires to plug into. I have the chrome lighted pieces that go onto the fairing over the grills on each side. wondering how to get into these ???

·
Registered
793 Posts
IMO adding lights is such a pain, which ones do I buy, how many do I need, where would I put them and the biggest pain of all!! How can I afford to pay for them?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IMO adding lights is such a pain, which ones do I buy, how many do I need, where would I put them and the biggest pain of all!! How can I afford to pay for them?
I have everything figured out except how to do it. Picking out which ones was made easy for me because I bought the ones that where on clearance at about 75% off at the Honda shop. :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
One consideration, if you are adding Honda accessory lights..when the dealer installs them, they are covered under Hondas warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts