Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to add a cb radio to my bike, looking at ebay for a used one. Some sites say that the audio talk box controls only fit 97-00, is this true? There seems to be two different control boxes for the handle bars. One looks like you stack old controls (radio) on top of the cb controls and the other has both controls built together, is this right? Can you take the old radio control box off and replace it with the double cb controls? Will the electrical plugs interchange? You can talk through the intercomm system on the cb? I have seen sets with hand held mics. Any help telling me the difference in cb systems that were available back then would be helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Adding CB radio to 93 1500

I did this very thing this past summer and it was a great investment. I also have a 93 1500 but it is an SE model that had the CB taken out of it. I was lucky that the previous owner left all of the filters in so all I had to do was add the CB unit, antenna and the control box. I also wondered about the different control boxes but since I already had the radio controller that needed a CB controller stacked on top of it I bought one of those. Ebay is where I bought everything but the control box. If you search "handlebar controls" you might be able to bid on a whole unit instead of just the controller and might even pay less money! Another tip--have someone who knows what they are doing tune the CB to the antenna!

Good luck--Jeff in South Dakota

1 - 2 of 2 Posts