1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Goldwing F6B 45th Ed
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I want to add some led strips to F6B...
Where do I find switch to add to left side panel... and where do I pull power for these strips.
I already have fog light switch installed... can I tap into it? How?
I will pulled the panel out...I saw only 1 big wire running out to these blob of wires.

1. If was to connect these strips to existing fog light switch where to find the wire.

2. If new switch then where to get the power and ground.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
That looks like a good place for the switch if one can fit there. On US bikes that is the Audio switch . So it may not be accessible. As far as power that red plug is/should be the acc power coming from the the ACC terminals in the fuse panel. It is switched and fused to only 5 Amps. What I have done is pull power from the battery to the center pin in that red connector . That gives me either switched or un-switched power at the red connector .

·
Registered
2015 Goldwing F6B 45th Ed
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks like a good place for the switch if one can fit there. On US bikes that is the Audio switch . So it may not be accessible. As far as power that red plug is/should be the acc power coming from the the ACC terminals in the fuse panel. It is switched and fused to only 5 Amps. What I have done is pull power from the battery to the center pin in that red connector . That gives me either switched or un-switched power at the red connector .
That's Smart... will test it out...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts