Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. so I know some of you guys are into "Farkles" but just out of curiousity what type of addons is everyone into or wishing for?

Now don't get excited I'm not making a Christmas list I'm just curious.

For me as stated before it's about comfort or performance. Since we have our Wing We've added Hartco seat w/backrest, superbrace, bellypan, Iso highway pegs, Iso grips, Slipstreamer Xtall windshield, driving boards, passenger audio control, passenger transformer boards, H4 headlamps, additional fuse block, & Compufire alternator.

So what's important to you guys & gals?

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
what is the purpose of the bellypan?

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Super Moderator
9,878 Posts
Well lets see. On my previous bike 98 GL1500 SE I had:
Baker Wings (full set)
Markland foot pegs
Tulsa Tall Windscreen
Side marker lights
Rear marker lights
Cup holder(s)
Saddleman Roadsofa seat
Kruyakyn Iso grips
Trunk Rack
Flags (2)
Battery Tender

On my 09 GL1800 I have so far:
Rear spoiler with brake light
Kurykayn trunk rack
LED fog/driving lights
12v outlet
Cup holder
Trunk liners
Kuryakyn ISO pegs
Flags (2)
Battery Tender
Grip Puppies

Items yet to come:
LED side and trunk lights
Exhaust turndowns
Baker Wings

And ??? (who knows)...

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
CHROME MIRROR BACKS $25.95
CHROME AIR INTAKE $29.95
FRONT FENDER EXTENDER $23.95
CB RADIO $599.00
CB ANTENNA $112.95
TRUNK SPOILER $219.00
TRUNK DIVIDERS $19.95
J&M HS ICD 277 NNC HO HEADSET $125.00
LOWER CORD HC-PB $29.00
LICENSE PLATE HOLDER $6.71
HANDLEBAR CLAMP CHROME PLUG $7.69
Mini Drivers Boards $45.00
Side Cover Trim Chrome/Rubber $64.76
Trunk Grills $40.46
Saddle Bag Grills $40.46
Fairing Trim Scoop $24.29
Rear Fender Trim $18.99
Pin Stripped $200.00
Mirror Wing Wings $13.00
Chrome Timing Chain Cover $47.50
Utopia Backrrst $100.00
Show Chrone fender LEDS $25.00
Kuryakyn Turn Downs $50.00
Reservor Covers $24.29
Chrome Valve Covers $107.99
Lower Cord HC-PB $21.50
Chrome Bar End Weights $14.00
Chrome CB Cover $14.40
Chrome Key Accent $13.74
Kill Switch Cover $6.41

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Joe, You are a man who loves his Farkles, I can see.

I think this is a good thread guys may see what other guys have & can ask questions about how it works out. Like for instance you guys who have the cup holders. Do they really workout OK? I always think they may be more of a pain in the you know what & if they do; does anyone wear a fullfaced helmet?

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts

·
Administrator
26,215 Posts
I'm a tad thin in the wallet right now, but here's my 'short list':
-Kuryakin floor boards (have the ISO highway boards already)
-Lighted trunk spoiler (Honda)
-Trunk and bag side marker LED's (Kuyakin likely)
-Driving/fog lights (Honda)
-Trunk rack (Hondaline,maybe)
-Passenger armrests (Kuryakin likely)
-Tropple ehaust extensions (Kuryakin)
The last time I started adding to a Wing, it/I got way out of control, and by the time I sold it 8 years later, the cost odf the add-ons was about double the cost of the bike:eek:
I know, once you start....:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Hey Two Wheel, I'm curious what did you think of the saddleman road sofa on your 1500?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've had my GL1800 for less than a week and am already dreaming of...
-Headsets (J&M most likely)
-Kuryakyn Ergo Cruise Pegs
-Driving/Fog Lights
-Trunk organizer

·
Super Moderator
9,878 Posts
Hey Two Wheel, I'm curious what did you think of the saddleman road sofa on your 1500?
I had it built with the gel inserts. The first time I rode it for about 50 miles and thought I was going to return it because it did not feel comfortable at all. A day later I thought I'd give it another try and took it for a 150 mile ride and the gels adjusted to me and I loved it. It was the best investment I made for my GL1500. I did many 600+ mile days in that seat feeling better when I got off than I did in my cage. The seat was lower and it was just enough so I could put my feet flat on the road and the seat had a high back that helped me with my lower back problem and the backrest was great too. My daughter(s) who rode with me liked the pouch in the back of the backrest.

I'm looking into one for my GL1800, but for a heated one the cost is close to $1,500, so I may need to make due with the stock seat (which is okay) for a while.

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm looking into one for my GL1800, but for a heated one the cost is close to $1,500, so I may need to make due with the stock seat (which is okay) for a while.
Hey Two Wheel, I understand about waiting for goodies but, you might want to call this guy, He's right in Epharta. I actually talked to him about putting not only the buttbuffer pads in my Hartco but also heat. He quoted me $450.

I decided Hartco is comfortable enough & going to get the wife Heated clothing instead. Just a thought.

http://www.buttbuffer.com/contact.asp

·
Super Moderator
9,878 Posts
Hey Two Wheel, I understand about waiting for goodies but, you might want to call this guy, He's right in Epharta. I actually talked to him about putting not only the buttbuffer pads in my Hartco but also heat. He quoted me $450.

I decided Hartco is comfortable enough & going to get the wife Heated clothing instead. Just a thought.

http://www.buttbuffer.com/contact.asp
Fossil, I've got the heated seats on the 09 and I really don't want to give them up. I have heard of some guys having the stock seat cut down to give us shorter inseam guys better balance when stopped. I've also looked at the Utopia backrest which can be put on a heated stock seat. You just need to be careful not to cut the wiring in the seat. This might be a project for the winter or next spring..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts