Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D can anyone tell me what is involved in adding bulbs to the lower lenses on the 2007 GL1800, to give brake and tail light to these lenses,thank you:) cheers Frank

·
Super Moderator
15,118 Posts
hello frank, welcome to GWOF

·
Administrator
25,864 Posts
Hello Frank, welcome. I think a couple of our Aussie members have tackled this before as the AU Wings have different lighting on them so they add extras in for safety. I have a couple ideas that I'll report back on or maybe they can chime in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Frank, welcome. I think a couple of our Aussie members have tackled this before as the AU Wings have different lighting on them so they add extras in for safety. I have a couple ideas that I'll report back on or maybe they can chime in.
great guys I am open to any suggestions, it looks like a hole can be cut thru the rear of the lens,but what type of holder will be required for the bulbs.. the wiring I can handle.. Frank

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. You have joined a growing number of members from down under. I think I remember a post a while back that said the rear lighting on the Wings imported to your country don't have all the lights like the ones in the US. Maybe you could check to see if you could pick up the whole light assembly from a supplier here in the US and just replace yours. I guess that would be expensive, but may end up being less of hassle in the long run. All the wires should be there to plug right into.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. You have joined a growing number of members from down under. I think I remember a post a while back that said the rear lighting on the Wings imported to your country don't have all the lights like the ones in the US. Maybe you could check to see if you could pick up the whole light assembly from a supplier here in the US and just replace yours. I guess that would be expensive, but may end up being less of hassle in the long run. All the wires should be there to plug right into.
Thank you for that suggestion..I did think of that, as I am a member of (Wingstuff in California )you are correct the cost is prohibitive.. the wiring is there and is not a problem... thank you again for your input. cheers Frank.

·
Administrator
25,864 Posts
I PM'd Paul and a couple other of your countrymen. I forget which one it was that did the extra lighting so hopefully they have some info for you. I think one of the biggest hoops was the legality of the extra lights. I think they eventually said to heck with it and did it anyway;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I PM'd Paul and a couple other of your countrymen. I forget which one it was that did the extra lighting so hopefully they have some info for you. I think one of the biggest hoops was the legality of the extra lights. I think they eventually said to heck with it and did it anyway;)
great thank you, I hope one of them will see this and help me out... I don't think the legality is a problem,I have seen a lot of wings getting around with these lights.. just haven't been able to talk to one yet. cheers Frank..

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey Frank, sorry Ive been a bit slack of late on the forum! Rugby League runs my life during winter!
Im sending this from work so if you send me a PM if you have not solved the problem yet and I can maybe give you the info & some pics from there, also if you search some of previous posts as well.
Paul - Townsville

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Frank, sorry Ive been a bit slack of late on the forum! Rugby League runs my life during winter!
Im sending this from work so if you send me a PM if you have not solved the problem yet and I can maybe give you the info & some pics from there, also if you search some of previous posts as well.
Paul - Townsville
Hi Paul thanks for your reply. I have however completed the job and it is working great.. thanks again mate.. cheers Frank.

·
Super Moderator
28,525 Posts
Paul - Townsville
Yes we have all noticed the lax, but it's nice to see the Cloud-s roll back in again.:D Words that a biker shouldn't really say.:eek::rolleyes:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi Paul thanks for your reply. I have however completed the job and it is working great.. thanks again mate.. cheers Frank.
Good to hear mate, If you want that added safety from the rear on your next order from W/Stuff get yourself one of these & the three in one led to suit the spoiler!
Running light & left turn.JPG

1 - 14 of 14 Posts