Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installled my Kuryakin mini-boards, heel/toe shifter, and Hondaline trunk spoiler. The boards and shifter were a snap and are great kit. Just be sure and use the tape on the shifter to avoid scratching that fabulous chrome! Works glitch free for all gears, at least on the centre stand LOL. The trunk spoiler is beautiful, and now I have the security of the high-mount LED brake light. A tip for those thinking of adding one, my trunk was pre-marked for the hole locations (I used the template for confirmation only) but it still made me nervous drilling holes in my scoot. The bit sizes in the instructions were a bit off, too small (no pun intended) but I figured it out ok. Now if the darn spring weather would arrive....

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
good to see someone getting some work done. i'm at a standstill for a few more months

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
My spoiler also went on this weekend. I also found the marks on the inside of the trunk lid after removong the inner liner. Do ya think they used enough screws ?? There must be ten or twelve of the darned things just to hold the inner lid. even with the remote release in there, I think its overkill. Also installed Lisan modulator. While its a bit over-priced I think it will be a plus to the rear end of the scoot. I had a back-off on the 1500 and dwas pleased with that but the extra lights on the 1800 will over current the back-off.

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
All my purchasing power is under the scrutiny of my conju-gal accountant.
Don't fret too much Chopin, one day you may be happy that she's that tough on your purchasing abilities. Then again maybe not. You know what Dirty Harry said. "Are you feeling lucky today?"

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Since you were just in there, are there marks for the trunk rack also? I just had one delivered and am experiencing panic attacks just thinking about drilling into the trunk. Any suggestions appreciated.
Mark

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Sorry Mark, I just don't remember. I don't think there are. I had ordered a rack and bag package from cycle giant but it would not fit with the spoiler on so I stopped looking for any marks. (Thank goodness I waited for the spoiler before trying to add the rack) The spoiler looks great but the rack itself would have looked out of place as it stood about three inches from the top surface of the trunk.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought about a rack also, but changed my mind when I thought about how it mounted to the trunk lid. Too tempting to put more stuff (excessive weight) in a high and rearward position. Not a good packing plan really. It's far too easy to overload a Wing just because they'll carry the weight so easily, but an overloaded bike is a dangerous bike. The rack and bag on the trunk just contributes to the overload scenario (IMO). We can often forget that every accessory and farkle we add changes the GVWR of our steeds, and not in a good way. Every pound we add comes off the useful load when we ride anywhere.

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Don't fret too much Chopin, one day you may be happy that she's that tough on your purchasing abilities. Then again maybe not. You know what Dirty Harry said. "Are you feeling lucky today?"
Consolation or commiseration ? Sometimes I think MZ. Vickie has her own agenda.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just installled my Kuryakin mini-boards, heel/toe shifter, and Hondaline trunk spoiler. The boards and shifter were a snap and are great kit. Just be sure and use the tape on the shifter to avoid scratching that fabulous chrome! Works glitch free for all gears, at least on the centre stand LOL. The trunk spoiler is beautiful, and now I have the security of the high-mount LED brake light. A tip for those thinking of adding one, my trunk was pre-marked for the hole locations (I used the template for confirmation only) but it still made me nervous drilling holes in my scoot. The bit sizes in the instructions were a bit off, too small (no pun intended) but I figured it out ok. Now if the darn spring weather would arrive....
I agree, spring just seems too far off.
Where did you get your floorboards and shifter?
How did they ship it to the great white north? Any problems with cost or shipping?

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
I've got a set of Baker Wings in the garage that need to go on the bike, but it's about 35 degrees out there. If it warms up, which according to the weather man and that ground hog won't be any time soon, I've got work to do. Would like to have them on before riding season..

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree, spring just seems too far off.
Where did you get your floorboards and shifter?
How did they ship it to the great white north? Any problems with cost or shipping?
Mrs got them from Wingstuff for me for Christmas. No glitches or problems that I heard of anyway; either came up via UPS or USPS.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I bought a set of used foorboards off ebay for my 99 Wing. The guy who sold it to me included every nut bolt an washer for the install. Now all I need to do is actually get them mounted.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I bought a set of used foorboards off ebay for my 99 Wing. The guy who sold it to me included every nut bolt an washer for the install. Now all I need to do is actually get them mounted. Just waiting on a 60 degree day

1 - 14 of 14 Posts