Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of the add on's you have, which one or two do you consider a must for you?

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
microwave oven, expresso machine, and cup holder :) followd by driver backrest and highway boards

·
Super Moderator
28,437 Posts
If you are making me stick with 2 than I'm with the Doc only Highway Pegs(not Boards) & Drivers Backrest. Followed closely by Iso Grips & Xtall windshield.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I would say Back Rest and highway Boards

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
As a matter of personal "had to" I put the highway boards on her before she left the showroom, and my Inno XM radio. The trunk spoiler was high on the list, but it settled for third place. I figure in a couple more years I should be close to having the bike blinged out the way I want it. Sticking to functionality this time rather than tinsel. I'd rather ride than polish, got enough trophies from the other two Wings taking up space in the attic.

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
I have fog lights, trunk rack, rear spoiler and iso pegs which for me were important. Make the ride more enjoyable and the bike easier to see. I also like the 12v outlet to power my GPS since I don't have one built in.

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
Backrest and Highway pegs or boards. First purchase I made , however, were the Grip Puppies. They were only $11.00. The rest of items had to get the OK as they were substantially more than $11.00.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
I folllowed Chopin's lead and got the grip puppies first. I may have gone a little overboard as they were followed, in order, by:

Front Fairing Chrome Air Intakes
Universal LED Battery Gauge
Highway Pegs
Half Cover
Hondaline Factory CB Antenna
Hand Wings
4" replacement arms for the pegs
Utopia Backrest
Honda Factory OEM LED Lighted Trunk Spoiler
Kisan TailBlazer Rear Brake Running & Spoiler Modulator
Chrome Luggage Rack
Chrome Star Washers
Deluxe Luggage Rack Bag w/Rain Cover
3pc Deluxe Carpets
3pc Deluxe Liner (Bags)
LED Foglights
J&M Motorcycle Helmet Headset HSECD584
Z-Style Required Lower Headset Hook Up Cords
2 Single Screw In Fold Down Flag Pole
Chrome Lower Cowl Covers
Chrome Rotor Covers
Kuryakyn Front Reflector LED Conversion

The only things left that I want to add are the stealth lights, vertical hitch, cooler rack and a CB unit. But don't hold me to that if something comes along that is really cool... :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is this list in priority order?

What would be your top 5 in order of priority?

I folllowed Chopin's lead and got the grip puppies first. I may have gone a little overboard as they were followed, in order, by:

Front Fairing Chrome Air Intakes
Universal LED Battery Gauge
Highway Pegs
Half Cover
Hondaline Factory CB Antenna
Hand Wings
4" replacement arms for the pegs
Utopia Backrest
Honda Factory OEM LED Lighted Trunk Spoiler
Kisan TailBlazer Rear Brake Running & Spoiler Modulator
Chrome Luggage Rack
Chrome Star Washers
Deluxe Luggage Rack Bag w/Rain Cover
3pc Deluxe Carpets
3pc Deluxe Liner (Bags)
LED Foglights
J&M Motorcycle Helmet Headset HSECD584
Z-Style Required Lower Headset Hook Up Cords
2 Single Screw In Fold Down Flag Pole
Chrome Lower Cowl Covers
Chrome Rotor Covers
Kuryakyn Front Reflector LED Conversion

The only things left that I want to add are the stealth lights, vertical hitch, cooler rack and a CB unit. But don't hold me to that if something comes along that is really cool... :D

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Grip Puppies
Highway Pegs w/correct length arms
Utopia Backrest
Spoiler & Modulator
Foglights

The last two entries are for safety's sake, with the priority to the spoiler and the modulator.

I do NOT recommend anything but a Utopia backrest if you are riding two up. Your riding partner will NOT be happy with the bars.

If you plan to have any decent conversations while riding two-up, then the headsets would follow in order. My having the headset means that I can listen to music and not miss any notices from the Navi system.

Oh, and my list is part and parcel in preparation for my plans to do the four corners tour next year.

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
I have to admit those LED fog lights on Rapier's bike are something to behold in my rear view mirror. I remarked to him that they make the headlights look dim by comparison.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
baker air wings,wouldn't ride without in fl.2nd, sintered brake pads.the other 76 items i added are nice,but were more "wanted than needed"

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
At the risk of going outside the box with the OP, here's my personal "must have" wish list.
1) CB radio (Honda) and passenger controller (J&M)
2) LED fog lights (Honda)
3) Utopia backrest
4) Kuryakin trunk and saddlebag trim marker lights
5) Colour matched trunk underside (Honda) spoiler/fairing*
6) License plate bracket suitable for our goofy sized Alberta plates unknown brand, or style/finish..I'll know it when I see it. Anything to make the plate area "nicer".

* Honda only lists the lower trunk spoiler up to '05 so my colour isn't available from Hondaline source. I'd have to get an '05 part and have it painted YR292 (mesquite brown metallic, close to titantium but note quite the same). The paint and clear coat is easy and avialable from several sources, chosing which colour to start with and prep is the issue. Black may darken the finished result, and silver may be too light. Can't get a plain unfinished one either or I could prime, base, colour, and clear the thing...argh. Any thoughts from someone that's more experienced with painting?

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
Compufire High Output Alternator (Installed)
Toe Rests (Funny metal things that come off case guards to rest your toes on while you keep your heels on the foot pegs)

·
Registered
6 Posts
My top two favorite right now would be backrest and Corbin seat, but my next toy I'm adding on are the tire pressure sensors. That may replace one of my top two.

·
Registered
34 Posts
1. Backrest (Utopia)
2. Belly Pan to guard the engine
3. Highway Pegs
4. Rear Spoiler
5. Headsets (J&M)
6. CB Radio/Antinnea
7. Front Brake Rotor Covers
8. Rain Suit
9. Mud Flap

·
Registered
6 Posts
1. Backrest (Utopia)
2. Belly Pan to guard the engine
3. Highway Pegs
4. Rear Spoiler
5. Headsets (J&M)
6. CB Radio/Antinnea
7. Front Brake Rotor Covers
8. Rain Suit
9. Mud Flap

I have all that you mentioned above except the belly pan. I'm thinking I am going to add that soon to protect the coolant reservoir. Honda did a stupid thing putting that down where they placed it because many folks are having leaks due to rock damage.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts