As a matter of personal "had to" I put the highway boards on her before she left the showroom, and my Inno XM radio. The trunk spoiler was high on the list, but it settled for third place. I figure in a couple more years I should be close to having the bike blinged out the way I want it. Sticking to functionality this time rather than tinsel. I'd rather ride than polish, got enough trophies from the other two Wings taking up space in the attic.
I have fog lights, trunk rack, rear spoiler and iso pegs which for me were important. Make the ride more enjoyable and the bike easier to see. I also like the 12v outlet to power my GPS since I don't have one built in.
The last two entries are for safety's sake, with the priority to the spoiler and the modulator.
I do NOT recommend anything but a Utopia backrest if you are riding two up. Your riding partner will NOT be happy with the bars.
If you plan to have any decent conversations while riding two-up, then the headsets would follow in order. My having the headset means that I can listen to music and not miss any notices from the Navi system.
Oh, and my list is part and parcel in preparation for my plans to do the four corners tour next year.
At the risk of going outside the box with the OP, here's my personal "must have" wish list.
1) CB radio (Honda) and passenger controller (J&M)
2) LED fog lights (Honda)
3) Utopia backrest
4) Kuryakin trunk and saddlebag trim marker lights
5) Colour matched trunk underside (Honda) spoiler/fairing*
6) License plate bracket suitable for our goofy sized Alberta plates unknown brand, or style/finish..I'll know it when I see it. Anything to make the plate area "nicer".
* Honda only lists the lower trunk spoiler up to '05 so my colour isn't available from Hondaline source. I'd have to get an '05 part and have it painted YR292 (mesquite brown metallic, close to titantium but note quite the same). The paint and clear coat is easy and avialable from several sources, chosing which colour to start with and prep is the issue. Black may darken the finished result, and silver may be too light. Can't get a plain unfinished one either or I could prime, base, colour, and clear the thing...argh. Any thoughts from someone that's more experienced with painting?
1) The Frame
2) The Engine
3) The Tires
....Ran Out Of Money....
...So I Robbed Wing Stuff's WareHouse....
...And What Did I Find In My Back Pocket...
4) Rear Spoiler
5) Luggage Rack
6) Floor Boards with Toe/Heal Shifter
7) Fog Lights
8) Back Rest
9) Cup Holder
10) Baker Wings
11) Belly Pan...(I did not see a rise in temp from decreased cooling)
12) Truck and Saddle Bag Side Lights and Chrome Trim
13) CD Radio and Atenna
...what do I find the best...back rest, spoiler, floor boards and luggage rack...
Hell It's Only Money ....Buy Them All And Have Fun Installing Them....
1-Converted turn signal corner lights to full time for additional visibility, with dedicated circuit, relay and fuse.
2-Auto flasher on trunk brake lights
3-Trunk and saddle bag side lights
4-Fairing side lights
5-Center brake light
7-High visibility vest
9-Mesh jacket with a mesh nylon outer shell and EVA elbow, center back and shoulder perforated armor that can be removed. Includes water proof zip in liner.
2-Pig tails for battery charger, heated clothing,
3-Harded wired fused circuits for GPS and MP3/iPOD
4-Kuryakyn Luggage rack
6-Baker two piece air wings
8-Kuryakyn transformer passenger floor boards, for a short legged passenger
9-Stop & Go Pocket Tire Plugger with CO2 Inflation
These items have been installed over time. I saved the rest for gas, tires, service work, motels, food, etc, etc.
My new Wing came with a dealer offer of $1000.00 dollars worth of accessories. I don't care too much for bling on a bike, IMHO less is usually best. I opted for the entry level Wing because I figured the more a bike has, the more things that can go wrong.
However, I did manage to use the whole accessory budget: I opted for a Trunk Rack and LED Fog Lights as the big ticket items. Also ordered were Fog Lights Cover Lens, a Cooler Bag, a weather seat cover, extra light bulbs, cigarette plug-in socket, handlebar ends, license tag frame, coin holder and a few other misc items...should all be in before Christmas.
I wanted to get a light bar for the trunk but the trunk rack I wanted can not be mounted with the light bar.
I asked the dealer to knock a $1000.00 dollars off the purchase price instead of the accessories but he said no!
As to the orginal question, Road Pegs are a necessity for me as well as a back rest, neither available on the list of accessories offered.
I removed the pegs from my Voyager that I traded in and order new clamps from RIVCO (1" 1/4" clamps vs. 1" clamps for the Wing). They assured me that they'll marry up to the Wing. I ordered a backrest from Utopia and it should be here on the 12/20.
I think my Wing will be just as comfortable for me as my last bike once I get it set-up.