Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think some accessories are unnecessary and others are too darn expensive ... Honda needs to start filling the crack pipe 1/2 way up

Two that come to mind are the belly pan and the trunk light.

I never had a belly pan on any bike that Ive owned before the Wing and all the sweet stuff hanging out there on the Wing was too hanging out there on the other bikes. In fact some things were more exposed. I never had a problem.

Trunk light. I had to hit Homie D's this evening. Looked around a bit and found the Sylvania DOTits for around six bucks and it provides enough light for me to see inside the trunk at night. The OEM is, what, around 125 to 150 ? Its small out of the way and If it doesnt give enough light, I can go get a second one.

A few of the Honda dealers; including the one I ride out of, arent happy with me. Right now, the dealer Im working with installs for nothing just so long you buy the part from them. I usually work a little bit off. So why would I go to a dealer that charges me full price, then pay for installation ? ... and what makes it sweeter, is the Goldwing install guy is retired and says "now I do what I love, work on Goldwings" three days a week. He owns 3 Wings. Youll never find a better tech than someone who loves what hes doing !!

Just sayin'.

·
Super Moderator
7,667 Posts
Good people to work on Wings are hard to find, most shops have goofy kids that like working on sportbikes and don't know diddly about Wings and they don't care to.
I like Goldwings and I like working on them.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I think some accessories are unnecessary and others are too darn expensive
Some people would say the same thing about MOTORCYCLES!!
I have always dressed up my bikes to fit my taste. Not over done but not stock. A lot are unneccessary but than again so is a GPS or heated seats in a car.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Of all the accessories available for Wings, the Hondaline are the priciest. Honda reps will tell you that they are higher quality than aftermarket, but that doesn't compensate for double the price IMO.

joe in calif said:
" A lot are unneccessary but than again so is a GPS or heated seats in a car."
Remember Joe, you live in California where you need air conditioning in the seats not heaters,

up here it's very much appreciated on cold winter days

1 - 4 of 4 Posts