Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 aspencade. There is a "stall" when I first give it the gas. If I just crack the throttle it seems like it is bogging down but recovers quickly. It starts fine and there isn't any problem with the choke. Has anyone out there encounterted this. If so was it an expensive fix?:confused:

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I have a 93 aspencade. There is a "stall" when I first give it the gas. If I just crack the throttle it seems like it is bogging down but recovers quickly. It starts fine and there isn't any problem with the choke. Has anyone out there encounterted this. If so was it an expensive fix?:confused:
If when you say you CRACK the throttle you mean you open it wide up from an idle, than that's normal, You can crank it not from idle to wide open in one motion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sorry I wasn't more specific. What I mean by cracking the throttle is slightly or slowly opening the throttle. As I go from an idle, giving it gas, there is a slight hesitation or bogging down before the engine recovers and rpms increase.
Thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
hi bomb, pull the carbs an clean out the pilot jets. use a piece of wire run through them to be sure of cleaning properly. should solve your problem. frank

·
Registered
455 Posts
Low speed jets partically blocked, You feel the hesitation when leaving the idle circuit. Treat the system with a full bottle of Techron to a full tank of fuel before tearing down the bike. Worked for me.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Low speed jets partically blocked, You feel the hesitation when leaving the idle circuit. Treat the system with a full bottle of Techron to a full tank of fuel before tearing down the bike. Worked for me.
I agree, before you tear the bike down or have a shop tear it down, run some carb cleaner thru it. with all the crappy gas were getting and the ethanol gas affects it. I had a similiar problem with my 1500 years ago. It was bad gas and ethanol when they had it years ago in Colorado. A good gas treatment should help your problem. :)

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
Your bike may also need a new accelerator pump. When you open the throttle rapidly it send a shot of fuel into the carb so you don't get hesitation, as the carb transitions from one fuel circuit to another.

·
Registered
10 Posts
what fixed it for me was using a product call Ethanol RX, sentry makes it . After running about 4 gallons of treated gas my problem went away. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts