Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have my Yamaha Royal Star up for sale so I can purchase a Goldwing. I'm looking around and need a opinion. Has anyone upgraded to ABS from standard brakes and if so, how much difference? I can do without the Nav, but it seems you have to buy it if you want the ABS feature which means a couple of thousand more. Also, any news on the new model coming out in 2012?

·
Premium Member
23,767 Posts
Never read or know someone who " upgraded " to an ABS. For most of us Winger's we either have it or not. Live with it or without it.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
The brakes on a Wing are linked. Applying either the hand brake by itself or the foot brake by itself activates both the front and rear brakes.
ABS is nice but, not worth the amount of money one must pay to get it because of less than ideal options one must pay to get the ABS.
Just one opinion

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
When you realize that you have to pay for 2 levels to get to the one want it is a real pain in the abs. The brakes are linked as stated above, that's a plus. This is my first Wing and also my first bike with ABS. I could do without it but I decided to buy it. I like it, I guess some kind of peace of mind??? Worth? I think that's something only the buyer can determine.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I fitted the ABS on mine 4 weeks ago for the long trips. The Automatic Butt Softener works like a treat on the long rides.

Seriously here in Oz we have 2 options Basic or Fully optioned, so i went for the full option. I found out 3 weeks ago how good the ABS was, we were travelling along a country road doing around 100km/hr when coming up to a slight hill the road went to the left and turned to loose gravel because of road works. Sum stupid idiot forgot to put the sign up saying so. My natural instinct was to apply the brakes and lucky for me the ABS kicked in, otherwise i would have locked the brakes and would have went sliding of the road.
To answer your question if i get another wing it to will have ABS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts