Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All!

I'm new to this forum and getting close to ordering my first Goldwing and have a couple of question before I place the order.

I have friends who own Non-ABS Goldwings who say the ABS isn't necessary. Some of the dealers I've spoke with are also not totally sold on the the ABS. Of those of you who own Goldwings with ABS, do you recommend it and why; or is it an $1100+ option I can live without? I live in Las Vegas where rain is almost non-existant and unless I get caught off guard, will probably never ride in the rain.

Also, I'm considering fog lights (mostly for daytime visibility by other drivers) and would like opinions on standard versus LED fog lights. I've read that the Honda LED fog lights last longer, but are they as bright as the standard Honda fog lights and worth the extra cost?

Thanks in advance for any input on these items.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome

Hi Radar, welcome to the forum sorry I can't answer your questions but there are plenty of nice guys here that can. Ride safe.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Hi Radarsdad and hope this helps. If you want to be seen yourself then the LED's are the ticket, if it's forward vis you are after then the halogens are the way to go. Just because you live in an arid region, ther's is more to ABS than wet braking performance/safety. Your area is prone to gusty winds and blow dirt and sand patches on the road. This is ABS's element too. I had an ST without ABS and my '09 Wing has it. I'm from Alberta so our conditions are prime for what this system is all about and I would never go back. Look at it this way, BMW has used it for years, now Honda and other OEMs are adding it, and it is being adapted very acceptedly on some high end sport bikes (CBR Fireblade etc). Yes it's pricey, but just ask yourself "what's the price of my hide or my life?";)

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your soon-to-be ordered Wing. I have the LED lights on my 09 and really like them. Bought them because of the longer life and less draw on the electrical system. The are bright as well. As far as ABS, I don't have it but wish I did. I didn't want the NAV system which is the only way it comes on the new Wings. For the ABS you had to buy the NAV which combined was $2k more. Couldn't justify that on my budget. If it had been an option on the base model, I would have gone for it. Well worth the money. Ride safe and enjoy your new Wing when you get it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the ABS and the Navi system and love both. I've had occasion to stop suddenly and it did not lock-up but stopped me from T-boning the cager that turned in front of me. I use the navi a lot. Good luck, I think you will love the ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts