Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On 18 Jul, Chopin, his neighbor Chris (who is not a Goldwing Rider, but does ride a VTX) and myself met in Centreville, VA and headed up to see Fossil and Ms. Janice. We also had Two Wheel Wing coming in from PA as well and we all met at Fossil's place for lunch and a wonderful wrap-up of his and Ms. Janice's trip. I especially want to thank them for a great meal!

It was a great afternoon and one that I'll not forget as I intend to use his and her experiences as learning points in preparation for my four corners tour next year.

Here's a picture of "the guys"...

(l to r) Rapier, Chris, Chopin114, Two Wheel Wing and Fossil.

·
Super Moderator
11,888 Posts
Look at that bunch of old farts! Wait, I'm one of them too!

:D

·
Premium Member
23,749 Posts
I pity the poor fools who live too far from PA to make a day trip of the day. " Look at that bunch of old farts! Wait, I'm one of them too! " Can-tanker - us " We are not old farts, we just keep a " lower " profile.

·
Super Moderator
9,876 Posts
Just so you know, we are normally much thinner.... I believe the pic was taken with a "wide" angle lense.... Or maybe it was the result of the great lunch.... Or maybe too many stops at DQ... Anyway, it was a great day, thanks..

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Hey Maesto I'm glad to see you still have a "high and tight" hair cut.;)

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Wingers

What a great picture. No attitude, no badges not even a GWFFGW. And a day of all the fun a body can choke down. Wonderful.

·
Super Moderator
28,445 Posts
Oh Prunella, what a motley crew. My summation is:

Rapier is as jovial as he appears
Chris is a nice guy albeit not a winger.
Chopin/Maestro is the devilish jokster that the picture indicates.
Two Wheel is not as serious as he makes out to be.
Fossil is just your everyday [email protected]^# who probably didn't realize that he still wasn't on his trip when the little lady was taking the picture.

That is all.

·
Super Moderator
15,230 Posts
i was thinking about heading over to pa. to see if i could meet up with some fellow GWOF members but things arn't going good right now. great pic, i'm surprised no one has started an " a face to a name " thread

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just so you know, we are normally much thinner.... I believe the pic was taken with a "wide" angle lense.... Or maybe it was the result of the great lunch.... Or maybe too many stops at DQ... Anyway, it was a great day, thanks..
Can there be such a thing as too many stops at DQ? - said by the fat man on the left... *sigh*

·
Super Moderator
9,876 Posts
i was thinking about heading over to pa. to see if i could meet up with some fellow GWOF members but things arn't going good right now. great pic, i'm surprised no one has started an " a face to a name " thread
Dr, any time you want to come to Pa, let us know. Your always welcome in Pa... And Va too..

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Great picture guys. Nice to put a face on some names.

Rapier - Four corners ride. This sounds interesting. Is there a time line for doing the four corners? I heard there was some sort time line to be official like 20 days. Do you have to come back to the first corner?

This was great timing because I was going to start a thread on this topic.

·
Premium Member
23,749 Posts
Oh

Rapier is as jovial as he appears
Chris is a nice guy albeit not a winger.
Chopin/Maestro is the devilish jokster that the picture indicates.
Two Wheel is not as serious as he makes out to be.
Fossil is just your everyday [email protected]^# who probably didn't realize that he still wasn't on his trip when the little lady was taking the picture.

That is all.
The Jovial: The Genial : The Joker: The Judge: The [email protected]^# ? Works for me. A veritable microcosm of society. detdrbuzzard : " i was thinking about heading over to pa. to see if i could meet up with some fellow GWOF members but things arn't going good right now.... " Detdr. What up that's down right now???? You can't leave a hint without and explanation. You can. But it's just not right.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great picture guys. Nice to put a face on some names.

Rapier - Four corners ride. This sounds interesting. Is there a time line for doing the four corners? I heard there was some sort time line to be official like 20 days. Do you have to come back to the first corner?

This was great timing because I was going to start a thread on this topic.
Starting from a corner, you will have 21 days to visit the other three points. No, you do not have to revist the starting point. It can be done in a circular fashion or some hardcore iron butt riders have done a "bowtie" route (se, nw, sw, ne as an example).

As I won't really start planning my trip until early spring, the only thing I can suggest is that you visit http://usa4corners.org for more info. There are some great trip logs there too.

Rapier

·
Premium Member
23,749 Posts
I'm resurrecting this post to add an additional update to those of us who attended the gala at fossil's. Guys, our Yamaha V-Star rider, Major Chris, just came home with a Harley Electra- Glide Classic today ! Yahoo! This means he, and especially his wife, can go the distance with us Wingers. That 400+ day ride to fossil's and back " kicked his butt ". I'm planning on a 300 mile day ride to WV in two week and although I invited him I was worried that he might go solely out of bravado. His wife Debbie would not have gone. I did, however remind him that we will still have to watch his fuel level. Today is a good day. Tomorrow at 0800 the Major and I will do a breakfast run to Harper's Ferry WV to get him used to the bike.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very cool! I'm glad to hear that he got a bigger, if not the "right" make/model. I can't wait to ride with him on his new "horse".

·
Super Moderator
28,445 Posts
Congrats to Chris (the nice guy). I'm sure we will love the new ride.

I've ridden with an Ultra & I'm not so sure that the fuel will be an issue, from what I remember they were just about on the same schedule as us & don't forget he's not as plump as you.:D

·
Super Moderator
9,876 Posts
Chop, congratulate Chris for me. Looking forward to riding again with everyone. Hope he enjoys his new ride. Ride safe guys..

·
Super Moderator
9,876 Posts
Rapier, If you do that 4 corners ride your map on your signature is going to change colors very quickly. Sounds like a trip that Fossil would take.....or maybe all of us should take....

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It isn't an "if", Two Wheel. My father is planning on falling in with me when I get to Washington State so that he can then travel with me to Maryland to see his great-grandson. I'm all for the idea of having a riding partner or two for this. It will certainly help with the hotel bills (haven't decided how much camping I'll do.)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts