Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spray the ant. with WD40. Makes the radio waves slide in easier.

·
Registered
466 Posts
LMAO..........that there is funny!
But damn I sure was hoping to see a solution to the crappy signal on my wing. I live in Spring off 2920. All the way till I get on I-45 every day, the radio switches between two stations.
I listen to 107.5 the Eagle which is a classic rock station. It flips back and forth from rock and some mexican station. Funny thing is, each one changes about every 5 seconds but they are crystal clear, not like they are walking on each other!

It sucks either way you look at it. Pull up to a red light and have to turn the friggin radio off or people look at me wondering why I am listening to tejano...........lol.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Hey didn't work out here, must be too far from the stations, I just pick up a station and it slips right off in no time. Maybe that's your problem too Buzzy

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey didn't work out here, must be too far from the stations, I just pick up a station and it slips right off in no time. Maybe that's your problem too Buzzy
Uure you used WD40 not some store brand?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've tried WD40 before and it worked Ok but I've found that Chain/Sprocket lube works a lot better. I would recommend semi-synthetic Silkolene with non-fling technology ... that way it won't fling off and get on your trunk while going down the road.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Dog Gone it, I don't have a chain so gave my sprocket oil away to the guy who bought my Harley.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
I found that olive oil works just as well.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I tried it and even though the radio reception was no better, I am getting 4 more miles to the gallon... Maybe if I WD40 the whole bike.........HUMMMMM

·
Registered
466 Posts
Anyone notice the bike doesn't pull to the right any more? Must have been the friction from the air passing the antenna!:D

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Well, if this works for the AM/FM antenna, I'm going to go full bore and put this on the CB antenna as well! I fully expect a 200% increase in transmission power from my CB with it then not having to push so hard to get the signal out.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Well, if this works for the AM/FM antenna, I'm going to go full bore and put this on the CB antenna as well! I fully expect a 200% increase in transmission power from my CB with it then not having to push so hard to get the signal out.
I have a can of Electrical Contact Lube. We'll try it on your bike first.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have a can of Electrical Contact Lube. We'll try it on your bike first.
Heck, why not just try that new "His and Her" KY lube they are advertising! Just like the name implies, he has his and she has hers and when the two mix? Magic happens!
His on the CB and Hers on the Radio? Who knows what might happen!

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
There is just something amiss here when someone named 'buzzy' is trying to help us with our reception.

I'm just sayin............................

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I have some blinker fluid for sale. A buck 2.98 a gallon. Will only work in left turn, sorry am out of right turn fluid.
Boy you got taken.. I got mine for .75 cents a quart...... And it works in either direction......:p

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Hey I tried it and suddenly I could hear two truckers talkin back & forth. I don't even have a CB!?!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Buzz
Take the coat hanger off and put the oem antenna back on.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Buzz
Take the coat hanger off and put the oem antenna back on.
I've heard things about his set up and it wasn't just a coat hanger. It was the coat as well. Tweed jacket, I think.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Today I took her on a 100 mile ride. First time out with the mod. I was pleased with the sound. Not a loud blast but a low quiet note. Much quieter than a HD with stock pipes.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts