Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
View attachment 2490 [/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

After a month of trying to sell all the GL used parts.. This is the Final Resting place.....:eek:
Are you trying to make us feel bad or something? I notice that none of these "parts" were listed for sale on that portion of this board. Don't show me a train wreck in Georgia and blame it on the weather in Texas.:mad:

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
Funny I never saw them advertised anywhere, I'm always looking for GL1500 parts to hoard.
Never saw them posted in Wing World or even here.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
i looked at his other posts and he never listed goldwing parts on this forum

·
Registered
14 Posts
I kept the parts off my new Trike conversion.
I tried to sell them for over a year.
One day a guy called about the back wheel.
I said he could have the back wheel, tire, drive shaft, etc for $100.
That got rid of that.
Then I had a guy call to see if I had the part that goes between the saddle bags.
I did and he came to pick it up and I also threw in the saddle bags, all for free.
I got rid of the parts and made 2 people happy.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Look closer at the photo #1. Don't know about anyone else, but I've never seen a GL with an I-4 engine configuration. Jugs, crank, camchain...all from an air cooled I-4. Must have been one of the "early prototype GL's" LMAO I was born at night, but not last night.:D

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
Look closer at the photo #1. Don't know about anyone else, but I've never seen a GL with an I-4 engine configuration. Jugs, crank, camchain...all from an air cooled I-4. Must have been one of the "early prototype GL's" LMAO I was born at night, but not last night.:D
Second photo does show some GL1800 engine parts and either 1100/1200 parts. Still a sad ending to a great motorcycle.. RIP..

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
WTF!!! He never advertised here!! Sucks to see all them parts go when some older bike parts are so hard to find!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
I'd like to know where the salvage yard is and rescue the two Goldwing engines. the one that is from an older GL and the one from the 1500. Someone should be flogged with a wet noodle for throwing away good Goldwing parts, especially when people are in need of them.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Hehe, I should heed my own words and look a bit closer too. I fixated on that other engine...DOH! Old story, one man's junk...

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Nice shot of the Texas longhorn DW. Much more rare than the pic on the right.....
Strat
Thanks. I kinda thought if you put the two together, it would say how I feel about destroying parts that nobody seems to have had a chance to get and then gloating about it. Truly amazing.
Isaac

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
I'd like to know where the salvage yard is and rescue the two Goldwing engines. the one that is from an older GL and the one from the 1500. Someone should be flogged with a wet noodle for throwing away good Goldwing parts, especially when people are in need of them.
My guess is that this is the place. Its about 30 miles n/e of where he lists as "from".

Georgia Alloys Scrap Metal Recycling
12.15.2009 | Listed in Scrap Metal Yards | No Comments »

Buyers of stainless steel, nickel, copper, brass, aluminum, titanium, cobalt, molybdenum, tungsten and other high temperature alloys metals.

2053 Mountain Industrial Blvd.
Tucker, GA 30084
770-496-7385

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im Sorry !!

I wish to say I'M Sorry :(for the original posting of what has happened to all the GL parts.

I HAD posted all the parts for sale along with pics and was BOOTED of the forum.. HERE is where I must bow my head and beg for forgivness. I thought I had posted on here,, But reading all the BATTERY of Yells.. I went back and found that I had posted on the " North American Goldwing Forum" There they booted off my posts because they did not allow BUSINESS sales... even though I was a closed business and was trying to keep these parts alive for those in need of older parts... :confused:

Buduka, Yes there were other engines in the pile as well.

We had less than 2 weeks to CLEAR out the building, we lost alot of money from having to do this , we had invested a lot of time and money getting our inventory..

For those that know the 2 BIG yards in the south, UsedGoldwing Parts in Florida and Willies in Alabama. I was in constant contact 3-4 dys a week TRYING to get them to come and buy me out. NEITHER one had time to even come and give me an offer.. They were well aware of my time frame and what would be the end result..

We Are just as sad to have had to come to this, as all of you were to hear about it.., We enjoyed our shop and all the wonderful customers we met over the years.. I will miss the "OLD" Goldwingers at my counter going through the WISH books looking for waht NEW things they could add-on (get it) Add-On a great place for GL stuff.. anyway with that said, I ride My 1500 Kaw my husband rides his GL and maybe NOW we can get back out on the road again (retired) and Broke but Happy.

I do have a 1977 GL1000 still for sale NEEDS TLC and refurbed.. Good condition though..Asking $800.00 email me if interested I will not SCRAP this [email protected]

·
Registered
42 Posts
Y'all know that the scrap metal biz is big biz these days, but I love the old machines and it makes me sad to see good stuff headed to the crusher because it never comes back. In this area they say that junk cars bring 300 bucks cash, I'm sorry I just don't need 300 that bad, my stuff either all rolls or will soon be back on the road. bigjim-- 84 Aspencade and 1971 Buick Riviera (Boattail) which will not be crushed if I can still draw a breath.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Atta boy bigjim! In the immortal words of Dennis Gage "Cherish the timeless classics!" Big Ma Moo, sorry things didn't work out, it's sad that useable parts get swept under, no matter what they fit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts