Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...it was 80 degrees today, sunny, warm...recoverying from a heart attack...my cardioligist says take the weekend off, stress free, enjoy life...so I took the '81 GW Interstate out for a ride....got about 50 miles away from home when all heck broke loose...bike stopped running...tried everything...no electircal power to start bike, new battery...everything...dead...so much for the stress free weekend...too far to push back home...called the Honda dealer...come get me...$100 bucks later sitting at dealer...estimate to fix bike $700 dollars...well I've been looking at new ones....I could convince the wife that buying a new one would be stress free versus reapiring the old one...wait...approached by a man with a camera...says they are filming a training video for the dealer and that I could earn $50 if I allow them to tape me...why not...$50's is $50's...and the cardioligist said be a stress free weekend...(OK...I'm getting to the end...)...I made them work for their video....left the '81 GWI bike in their parking lot (will pick it up later this week with a trailer)...walked into the show room put the mike on and said roll the camera's...2 hours later I left on a new 2010 GW with foglights, and a new helmet, all for under $20K :) ;) :D ....Now is that a stress free weekend...just wait to my wife finds out :eek:...(ok she knows already...been married for over 20 years not that stupid)....

Happy ending...I have a new bike finally....after thirty years of riding used bikes...I hope the 2010 GW lives up to its name like my '81...(I do miss her a little bit...Ok no I don't)...see you all out on the road...

(Yes I will ping you all for suggested goodies to add to the new bike..)

·
Registered
402 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! No better way to celebrate your recovery than with a brand new Wing! I bought my '08 last October so I think I'll pass on the heart attack... for now anyway. :D

Have a ball!

·
Super Moderator
28,444 Posts
Well that certainly made for an interesting Saturday Mark. Have fun on the new ride. Now at least take the missus on a ride right away.:D

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
Aaah! The medicinal power of a Goldwing. " Take 1,832cc of this and call me in the morning. " ~ Dr L.

·
Super Moderator
9,849 Posts
The Bible says "a merry heart doeth good like a medicine". So you must have a very merry heart today. Congrats on your new Wing. You are going to love the new Wing... Ride safe and glad you are doing better, Wing wise and health wise.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
What an interesting sales tactic!!!! Anyway you got the bike you wanted and must have a very good and understanding partner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts