Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question pertaining to shocks on a 1500. This project bike (I assume is standard) has a normal shock on 1 side and an air shock on the other. Has anyone ever replaced the standard (coil over) shock with another air shock? In other words, run 2 air shocks, both plumbed with the ability adjust the ride and ride height?

Inquiring minds want to know :)

Socks

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yes. Years ago Progressive made 416 air shocks for the 1500's. They are out there somewhere in ebay land and other motorcycle/Gold Wing forums. How ever, they are not being mfg'ed or sold anymore and seals are not on Progressives parts list. If I recall correctly the same seals fit older GL1100's also. I have a set installed on my 99 Wing and they ride nice and give good control.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. Years ago Progressive made 416 air shocks for the 1500's. They are out there somewhere in ebay land and other motorcycle/Gold Wing forums. How ever, they are not being mfg'ed or sold anymore and seals are not on Progressives parts list. If I recall correctly the same seals fit older GL1100's also. I have a set installed on my 99 Wing and they ride nice and give good control.
What about using 2 stock air shocks -- Any idea how that would work?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts