Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Goldwing GL1800A
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sad to say that I think my beloved Cherry Bomb has been done in. While parked and covered on my curb for the night, a driver in a panel truck swerved to avoid hitting a deer, and instead, ran into my bike. The sound of the crash was loud enough to wake me from sleeping, and in the morning light, this is what I found. It looks pretty bad and I don't think its going to be repairable. Glad he didn't get hurt and that we weren't on the bike.

Plant Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Window
Plant Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tire
Tire Plant Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Rest In Peace, Cherry Bomb
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Plant Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Window
Plant Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tire
Tire Plant Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Super Moderator
13,328 Posts
Sad news indeed. Sure glad it happened while it was parked.

Reactions: NREMTP and Maui

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Sorry to hear. Hope you can repair or get another bike.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Always sad to see or hear of a favorite ride being lost because of an accident. You do have the opportunity during the winterized storage months to get ready for spring.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Is this a case of a “silver lining”? Two important things - hope the driver didn’t get hurt and second, he has insurance.

·
Registered
2000 GL1500SE
75 Posts
good that no one was hurt! I lost my 1999 last spring (my first GW), but found a suitable replacement pretty quickly at a good price. I hope insurance covers enough for you to pick up something better!

·
Super Moderator
10,519 Posts
So sorry. Glad nobody was hurt. You have the memories, now go and get another Wing and start so new ones.

Reactions: Freedom

·
Registered
495 Posts
That bike looks like only the rear sub frames are bent and broken. Of course all the tupperware attached is also broken. But I don't think the main frame is bent because looking at the rear wheel is still pointed straight. I think this bike can be repaired if you can find the sub frames for the saddle bags, and trunk and get new trunk and saddlebags. Maybe have to have the trunk and bags painted to match. Muffler may need replacing, too. Depending on the mileage of this bike, it might be worth a fixer upper project. Mine is same color and if I had the money, I'd buy it and make it into a Valkrie or something.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts