Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all; I recently intorduced myself as a new member, having just purchased an 08' GL1800 out of Iowa. I haven't received it yet because I live in BC Canada, so the bike is being shipped to Seattle where I'll pick it up and ride it home.

Anyways, yesterday the dealer called me to say the bike had just been shipped. Because the dealer was not a Honda dealer, he had to go the local Honda dealer to get a Recall Certificate, (part of the red tape for importing into Canada). That's when he found out the following information.

Even though the bike is an 08', it was sold for the first time in March 2010. This means that the bike still has a lot of factory warranty on it, (which likely won't be honored in Canada). Nevertheless, this is like the proverbial "Barn find". The Wing has a total of 1,780 miles on it. Not even broken in. The former owner traded it in on a Harley. My good luck! Can't wait to see it, ride it.:D

Ed

Yellovette

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Sounds like a great find. Can't wait to see the pics and your impression after you get your first ride on it.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
You should check to see if you drive to Seattle you may be able to get your warranty work done. This is what one dealer told me when I was thinking about buying a GW in Florida. He told me I could get it to Maine for warranty work.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The warranty starts when the first owner takes delivery of the bike, so if an 08 is bought in May of 2010 that is when the warranty starts.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Joe's right Ed. Better check with your guy in Seattle as to whether the change of ownership was done with Honda or not. You'll need a Honda dealer to do that likely. At least then you'll have coverage at a US dealership. The warranty might not necessarily follow the unit to a different owner, better safe than sorry. There still is some talk about the surging at idle thing and there is no fix from Honda Canada/USA that I know of.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Interesting, I bought my '08 GW also from an HD dealer in Missouri, mine had just 4K on it. Talked to first owner who was a Medical Doctor. He said he could not get confortable on it being over 6' tall, he said his knees were always into the dash, so he bought an Ultra so he could stretch out. I went the opposite direction trading an Ultra for the GW. Isn't it great we all don't want the same thing.

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
"Isn't it great we all don't want the same thing.
You talk about a great quote!! I love it!! Just think about if we all had the same thing. The world would be with out sooo much. :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You talk about a great quote!! I love it!! Just think about if we all had the same thing. The world would be with out sooo much. :D
Here's my favourite quote; "Wealth is not how much you have...it's how little you need".

Enjoy

ed

(Yellovette)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts